Chip Long - New OC

Well is he also not a threat to coach wanker? That's what I'm curious about.

That was fast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-132901.png
    Screenshot_20211205-132901.png
    574.1 KB · Views: 300
Did we just hire Paterbro with a wig on and going by another name?

Both. I have to imagine Collins wouldn't pick someone who could potentially replace him... but could be wrong.
I’ve thought this through and it doesn’t make sense. You gotta hire the guy that will win the most games cause if not he’s out regardless.

He is getting fired if no bowl next season. I doubt it matters to him who on staff can replace him.
He's so ööööing stubborn that's why I have to think he's got ulterior motives..

I’ve thought this through and it doesn’t make sense. You gotta hire the guy that will win the most games cause if not he’s out regardless.
Yeah but he also keep Thacker and let pnode go... so there's that too

When’s the last time Pnode was a finalist for the Broyles? I’m going to be optimistic until Chip gives me a reason not to be.
So glad you asked!
Here's some position group review by local news for Tulane's past season:

Here are the final grades on the season:

QUARTERBACK

Michael Pratt’s second-year numbers were solid — 21 touchdown passes with only eight interceptions, and a completion percentage of 57.8 that was the second highest in Fritz’s tenure — but he needs to be better. His accuracy was not there on important throws, and he ended with a pair of bad interceptions against Memphis. Injuries were a huge factor. Operating behind a shaky offensive line, he wasn't the same after having his throwing shoulder driven into the ground on his final play against Ole Miss in Week 3. A nasty concussion against SMU did not help. Backup Justin Ibieta was lost for the year in early September. Predictably, true freshman Kai Horton struggled in his lone start against Cincinnati.

GRADE: C-

RUNNING BACK
Tyjae Spears, one of the most talented backs in Tulane history, needed half the season to gain confidence in his knee after ACL surgery in October 2020. Even then, the coaches did not make him the clear feature guy until the finale against Memphis, when he rushed for 264 yards. His future is off the charts, but for much of this season, the backs were a disappointment. Cameron Carroll (516 yards) rushed for three touchdowns after having 12 in 2020, while his average per carry dipped to 4.6 from 6.1. Utah import Devin Brumfield hit the transfer portal in early October after not getting many early touches. Ygenio Booker flashed early potential but could not stay healthy.

GRADE: C

RECEIVERS

It was a debacle aside from Central Missouri transfer Shae Wyatt (team-high 33 catches, 376 yards) being a pleasant surprise. The wideouts struggled to beat press coverage and dropped too many passes. Jha’Quan Jackson (17 catches, 294 yards, one TD), who appeared ready for a big year, sprained a knee in preseason drills and never looked right despite playing in all 12 games. Duece Watts (21 catches, 331 yards, three TDs) ended with a beautiful scoring grab against Memphis but was very inconsistent, as was twin brother Phat Watts (18 catches, 224 yards, two TDs). Senior Jaetavian Toles (22 catches, 338 yards, three TDs) was more productive on special teams. Tight end Tyrick James (team-best 429 yards, four TDs) started fast but slowed down significantly.

GRADE: D-

OFFENSIVE LINE
Trouble loomed when new offensive line coach George Barnett left for Iowa after one spring practice, forcing Fritz to hire Notre Dame graduate assistant Chris Watt as a quick replacement. Whether or not the upheaval is to blame, the blocking regressed even though the only new starter was right tackle Rashad Green. The Wave’s average of 164.9 yards rushing was more than 50 shy of the previous low under Fritz. The quarterbacks were sacked 32 times, and Pratt developed happy feet while anticipating pressure. False start penalties became an issue, topping out with five on the linemen against Tulsa. Unlike last year, injuries were no factor. The Wave had the same five starters for virtually every game and still finished second-to-last in scoring during American Athletic Conference play.

GRADE: D

There's too many things here that sound familiar to be very enthusiastic. Especially if he isn't bringing any new offensive coaches in.

Back