Chris Bosh named Basketball Hall of Fame finalist

1982Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
He will get it in. Maybe not first ballot, but eventually.

BTW, was he another mediocre pro?

rapier7

Varsity Lurker
He will get it in. Maybe not first ballot, but eventually.

BTW, was he another mediocre pro?
Nah. He was quite good. Had a reputation as a stat-padder in Toronto because he put up numbers but his teams couldn't win games and get into the playoffs. He was secretly the 2nd best player on the Heatles when LeBron was there. His defensive and offensive versatility was what made that team really gel together.

It's just a shame his career was cut short by unpredictable blood clots. It could have killed him to continue playing.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Wtf does that even mean?
I don't know what the OP meant, but I don't think anything is on the same level as Cooperstown. Just the depth of history is so much greater for professional baseball than any other professional sport. (And you can't really compare the CFB HOF, even though the sport has almost as much history, since college players have such short careers.)

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
I don't know what the OP meant, but I don't think anything is on the same level as Cooperstown. Just the depth of history is so much greater for professional baseball than any other professional sport. (And you can't really compare the CFB HOF, even though the sport has almost as much history, since college players have such short careers.)
Subjective to your sport of choice I guess.

jts1207

I don't know what that means. I'm not much of a baseball fan though.
I don’t think you’ll convince a lifelong basketball fan/player that their respective HOF is of lower stature than other HOFs. Basketball has an impressive history as well

G776T

Not pastor material.
Sorry, what I mean is the basketball hall of fame is for the sport as a whole and easier to get into than say the professional baseball or football halls

18in32

Petard Hoister
I don’t think you’ll convince a lifelong basketball fan/player that their respective HOF is of lower stature than other HOFs. Basketball has an impressive history as well
Sure, I'm not trying to convince anyone. But there's a reason our society talks about 'Cooperstown' as emblematic of greatness, but I'm not even sure where the NBA HOF is...? Springfield maybe? Do people make pilgrimages there?

jts1207

Sure, I'm not trying to convince anyone. But there's a reason our society talks about 'Cooperstown' as emblematic of greatness, but I'm not even sure where the NBA HOF is...? Springfield maybe? Do people make pilgrimages there?
Again, depends on your sport. Goes both ways.