Chris Bosh named Basketball Hall of Fame finalist

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Sorry, what I mean is the basketball hall of fame is for the sport as a whole and easier to get into than say the professional baseball or football halls
Fair enough. It's still exemplary of greatness in the sport, though, so it's very cool to have one of our own make it in.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Ban Hammer'd
Harold Baines is in Cooperstown. Harold Baines.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
John Salley should get in. He is one of the few players in NBA history to win titles with three different teams and the only one to win titles in three different decades. In addition, he had a great college career unlike some others.

Jacketeer

Flats Noob
John Salley should get in. He is one of the few players in NBA history to win titles with three different teams and the only one to win titles in three different decades. In addition, he had a great college career unlike some others.
Salley averaged 7p/4r per game for his career and never averaged double digits. He was a really good role player for championship teams, but he's not close to sniffing the Hall. Mark Price would get elected before Salley and he probably won't be.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Salley averaged 7p/4r per game for his career and never averaged double digits. He was a really good role player for championship teams, but he's not close to sniffing the Hall. Mark Price would get elected before Salley and he probably won't be.
He was the key to winning a championship for three different teams. He played for and graduated from the world's best college. What more do you want?
Mark Price should be in too.

RoanokeJacket

Flats Noob
If you want to compare Halls take the # of HOF members/number of people ever playing the game.

Make it # of people who have played at least x years if you want to cut out effects of all the cup of coffee guys.

rain

Helluva Engineer
I guess I really never thought about it . Besides Bosh there’s Price and about 8-9 long time pros / upper level journeymen. Scott, Ferrell, Hammonds, Jack, Anderson , Best and Harpring, John Barry and Marbury.
After that? Steppe, Geiger, Salley, Shumpert, Bynum, Newbill, Favors and......
Not many all pros after Price.
im sure I’m forgettting some

18in32

Petard Hoister
I guess I really never thought about it . Besides Bosh there’s Price and about 8-9 long time pros / upper level journeymen. Scott, Ferrell, Hammonds, Jack, Anderson , Best and Harpring, John Barry and Marbury.
After that? Steppe, Geiger, Salley, Shumpert, Bynum, Newbill, Favors and......
Not many all pros after Price.
im sure I’m forgettting some
Mark Price was an All-Star 4x, Marbury 2x, Anderson 1x, Harpring x0.

Crazy how good those players were in college, yet not really long-time All-Stars.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Mark Price was an All-Star 4x, Marbury 2x, Anderson 1x, Harpring x0.

Crazy how good those players were in college, yet not really long-time All-Stars.
Long term success at the college or pro level is contingent on staying healthy and being on the right team. Harpring was not as naturally talented as the other three.

BeeStorm

The Dark Side of the Force
Staff member
Awesome for Bosh.

I don't follow the NBA anymore but at one time wasn't Price, Bird, Magic the only three people to shoot 50% from the floor, 90% from the line for their career? I know he is also one of the 9 to have a 50-40-90 season. Price should be in there too.

RoanokeJacket

Flats Noob
There have been 300+ college teams for awhile now.

There are about 106 guys ever with 6 or more all star selections. I would imagine there are a lot of guys with similar profiles.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Ban Hammer'd
The NBA is moving away from college players. You'll see fewer and fewer make the league let alone make the Hall