CJP sues Ron Bell

18in32

Petard Hoister
I’m pretty sure that if someone falsely accused me of sexual assault (particular in today’s climate), I’d sue the dog öööö out of them regardless of what else was going on at the time.
Was there a limitations issue here? Whatever... just win baby.

BuzzLaw

55-0 to 45-0 is real progress
How does Bell's mom raping him have anything to do with the investigation?
CJP is a public figure with plenty of money. This isn’t about the money nearly as much as it is clearing his name. Knowing the complaint is going to be read by the public, he goes ahead and let’s everyone know Bell is an absolute fraud. If someone is willing to lie about his mom and paint his mom in a negative light, then he will most certainly lie about a basketball coach.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Unless he thinks it’s going to get worse, then I would have just left this issue alone. Nothing good comes to GT by poking this nest again. A lot of info is likely made public from this suit that won’t look good for us. No program is squeaky clean.

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
I applaud the decision to sue the leech.

Sometimes, you just gotta stand up and take a stand.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Why isn't Bell being prosecuted for blackmail and/or extortion. I would think this is also violation of his parole.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
I’m pretty sure that if someone falsely accused me of sexual assault (particular in today’s climate), I’d sue the dog öööö out of them regardless of what else was going on at the time.
I should sue Stingtalk

ee8384

Cynic At-Large
Unless he thinks it’s going to get worse, then I would have just left this issue alone. Nothing good comes to GT by poking this nest again. A lot of info is likely made public from this suit that won’t look good for us. No program is squeaky clean.
Given today's climate around sexual assault if you sit back and do nothing against a potential claim you are going to be presumed guilty and likely out of a job.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
I would guess that CJP and his lawyers are confident that there is no smoking gun evidence of wrong-doing if they are willing to pursue this. Still, I hope it doesn't turn out like the Alger Hiss vs Whittaker Chambers suit.

BainbridgeJacket

A rare combination of humility and genius
I would guess that CJP and his lawyers are confident that there is no smoking gun evidence of wrong-doing if they are willing to pursue this. Still, I hope it doesn't turn out like the Alger Hiss vs Whittaker Chambers suit.
If he's guilty and this proves it, we invoke the termination for cause clause of his contract and move on.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Ron Bell is Crazy

An Arizona judge has convicted a man of orchestrating a plan to falsely accuse Georgia Tech basketball coach Josh Pastner of sexually assaulting a woman in a hotel room in February 2016.

Ron Bell, a former friend of Pastner's, was convicted Monday on six misdemeanor counts -- two counts of solicitation of influencing a witness, two counts of attempted tampering with a witness, false information, and facilitation of fraud, scheme and practice.

Bell is scheduled to be sentenced by Oro Valley Magistrate Court Judge Bobbi Berry on July 19.