CJP sues Ron Bell

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Yeah, I never gave much credence to the allegations, but I would have been fine with firing Pastner for being such a poor judge of character and bringing this cretin into the vicinity of our program.

JRjr
Pastner's vindication means we would have ultimately had to pay the full buyout. We did right to stick with him and hopefully he learned from his mistake.

Last edited:

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Pastner's vindication means we would have ultimately had to pay the full buyout. We did right to stick with him and hopefully he learned from his mistake.
There is no vindication here…..beyond poor decision making

GATechAE07

Dodd-Like
Yeah, I never gave much credence to the allegations, but I would have been fine with firing Pastner for being such a poor judge of character and bringing this cretin into the vicinity of our program.

JRjr
Half of this board is divorced and talks about their ex-wives like they're the scum of the Earth. Should they lose their jobs for being such poor judges of character? People change; Pastner handled about as well as he could have once things went south.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Half of this board is divorced and talks about their ex-wives like they're the scum of the Earth. Should they lose their jobs for being such poor judges of character? People change; Pastner handled about as well as he could have once things went south.
Better metaphor is the single mom dating a child molester and letting him hang around her kids. When you’ve got bigger responsibilities than just yourself, you have to be smarter than to bring shady characters into your house.

JRjr

78pike

Varsity Lurker
Better metaphor is the single mom dating a child molester and letting him hang around her kids. When you’ve got bigger responsibilities than just yourself, you have to be smarter than to bring shady characters into your house.

JRjr
First of all, nobody was getting molested other than Pastner and his family with the outrageous claims by Bell and his cohorts so that is hardly a better metaphor. He misjudged the character of someone that he had known for years and I find it hard to believe that he did so knowingly especially given the price that he and his family paid. You act like he put his team and the school through this on purpose. Do you know the complete background of everyone you come into contact with? Haven't you ever known anyone that turned out not to be the person you thought they were? We all have. in the world of smarmy lowlife college coaches, CJP is about as clean cut and honest as they come. I would much rather have him leading our young men than the host of disgusting cheats the FBI taped the last several years.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
First of all, nobody was getting molested other than Pastner and his family with the outrageous claims by Bell and his cohorts so that is hardly a better metaphor. He misjudged the character of someone that he had known for years and I find it hard to believe that he did so knowingly especially given the price that he and his family paid. You act like he put his team and the school through this on purpose. Do you know the complete background of everyone you come into contact with? Haven't you ever known anyone that turned out not to be the person you thought they were? We all have. in the world of smarmy lowlife college coaches, CJP is about as clean cut and honest as they come. I would much rather have him leading our young men than the host of disgusting cheats the FBI taped the last several years.
I’m not sure you understand what a metaphor is.

That said, I believe Pastner is clean-cut and well-intentioned, and hopefully he’s learned from this critical and egregious lapse in judgment and won’t do anything else to get us into hot water with the NCAA going forward.

JRjr

78pike

Varsity Lurker
I’m not sure you understand what a metaphor is.

That said, I believe Pastner is clean-cut and well-intentioned, and hopefully he’s learned from this critical and egregious lapse in judgment and won’t do anything else to get us into hot water with the NCAA going forward.

JRjr
Sure I do. Metaphor "a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else". I think maybe you don't. To say Pastner's misjudgment of Bell's character is symbolic or representative of a mom allowing her children to be around someone that could sexually assault them is stretching the definition of metaphor to an extreme level and a bit offensive. In this case the only thing being exposed to molestation was the character of coach from the accusations being levied by Bell. I get what you were trying to say. I just think in your attempt to come up with a better metaphor than the previous poster, you went too far with it.

That said, I believe Pastner is intelligent enough to have learned from this ordeal and probably used it as a learning tool with his players as to what can happen when you hang out with the wrong crowd.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Sure I do. Metaphor "a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else". I think maybe you don't. To say Pastner's misjudgment of Bell's character is symbolic or representative of a mom allowing her children to be around someone that could sexually assault them is stretching the definition of metaphor to an extreme level and a bit offensive. In this case the only thing being exposed to molestation was the character of coach from the accusations being levied by Bell. I get what you were trying to say. I just think in your attempt to come up with a better metaphor than the previous poster, you went too far with it.

That said, I believe Pastner is intelligent enough to have learned from this ordeal and probably used it as a learning tool with his players as to what can happen when you hang out with the wrong crowd.
Nobody’s molesting anybody, you dipshit - it’s a metaphor for having such poor judgement that you bring somebody into your (metaphorical) house that does harm (false allegations, attempted extortion, creating an NCAA violation, dragging the coach and the program through the mud) to the people (family, players, Georgia Tech) that you’re responsible for.

If we’re going with family metaphors, it’s a better match than marrying somebody who turns out to be terrible (which probably isn’t going to get your employer in trouble with the authorities).

JRjr

clapper

Dodd-Like
I think you're both wrong here. CJP isn't clean cut or well intentioned, and I question his intelligence. Keep in mind that he learned under Calipari, who coached for two different schools that had to vacate Final Four appearances (while being personally 'cleared' of wrongdoing - sound familiar?). And one of those schools was bailed out by us taking CJP!

Pastner came here with his bag man. He was surprised when current Tech coaches told him it would not be allowed. But then, he was enabled by an Asst. AD overseeing the program and the head of Compliance (both of whom have 'surprisingly' left). They not only covered for him, they threw others under the bus defending him (Darryl Labarrie says, 'hi'). Bell may have been dirty and stupid, but he didn't do this in a vacuum. The only thing CJP may have learned (I hope!) is that this will be his last coaching job ever if he gets caught again.

JelloJacket

Damn Good Rat
I think you're both wrong here. CJP isn't clean cut or well intentioned, and I question his intelligence. Keep in mind that he learned under Calipari, who coached for two different schools that had to vacate Final Four appearances (while being personally 'cleared' of wrongdoing - sound familiar?). And one of those schools was bailed out by us taking CJP!

Pastner came here with his bag man. He was surprised when current Tech coaches told him it would not be allowed. But then, he was enabled by an Asst. AD overseeing the program and the head of Compliance (both of whom have 'surprisingly' left). They not only covered for him, they threw others under the bus defending him (Darryl Labarrie says, 'hi'). Bell may have been dirty and stupid, but he didn't do this in a vacuum. The only thing CJP may have learned (I hope!) is that this will be his last coaching job ever if he gets caught again.
Quality troll post.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
I am not ready to be a character reference for Coach Pastner. I like him. He is personable, goofy in an appealing way, good with the media, students and fans. He has a good staff that develops players as well as any staff I can think of. The team plays good defense, they seem to enjoy playing the game together, and this makes their games enjoyable to watch.

However, I do not buy that coaches don’t know what is going on in their program. That Josh did not know his players were sitting on floats in his friend’s swimming pool out in Arizona is akin to saying Roy Williams did not know that McCants made all academic ACC while not physically attending any classes or that Coach K had nothing to do with Trajan Langdon’s Dad getting an adjunct position at Duke to lecture on Tlingit culture. Pastner’s coach at Zona was a nice guy, but ran a program that was not always clean. Josh indeed was connected to Calipari and ran the Memphis program, as dirty a program as you can find.

I think the Tech basketball situation and ACC play was a revelation to Josh. Things went sour with Bell. Pastner was embarrassed and his family hurt. A former Tech player and assistant was pretty much made a sacrificial lamb. But, I do think Josh has learned how you have to do things at Tech and in the ACC. I hope he remains our coach for years, works hard, and enjoys success.

78pike

Varsity Lurker
Nobody’s molesting anybody, you dipshit - it’s a metaphor for having such poor judgement that you bring somebody into your (metaphorical) house that does harm (false allegations, attempted extortion, creating an NCAA violation, dragging the coach and the program through the mud) to the people (family, players, Georgia Tech) that you’re responsible for.

If we’re going with family metaphors, it’s a better match than marrying somebody who turns out to be terrible (which probably isn’t going to get your employer in trouble with the authorities).

JRjr
I never said anyone was getting molested. Learn to read. I said it was a terrible metaphor. As someone who has personally known a victim of molestation I find it an insulting comparison to the situation we are discussing. For you to resort to name calling shows your lack of intelligence as it is the common retort of a troll. Someone disagrees with you, call them names. Grow up.

madRazor

Hard
I never said anyone was getting molested. Learn to read. I said it was a terrible metaphor. As someone who has personally known a victim of molestation I find it an insulting comparison to the situation we are discussing. For you to resort to name calling shows your lack of intelligence as it is the common retort of a troll. Someone disagrees with you, call them names. Grow up.
As someone who has personally known a victim of both intelligence lack of that and troll retortation, I find it an insulting comparison to the situation you are discussing that I don't really care about.

For you to resort to name calling shows you're a dumb fart face mom sex doer.

Someone disagrees with you, call them names. Grow up.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
LOL OK.

JRjr