Clemson fans pissed

Our defense stepped up but their QB also missed a lot of very makeable throws. I was surprised by how poor Clemson looked. Very possible that they're looking at 3-plus losses this year.

Of course Dabo has earned more leeway than anyone besides Saban so being mad is pretty dumb.

It’s really incredible to read all the smack talking they are doing of their coach and Tony Elliot. I promise if Tech ever has success anywhere close to the level Clemson has then I will shut up about a bad or down season.
If Tech ever has success close to the level of Clemson this board is gonna be an even bigger ööööshow with 75% ex-dwag fans making up stingtalk population.

They for sure are worried:
From Tigernet

"but what worries me about our offense is the following.

Georgia Tech offense 309 total yards, 21 first downs, 203 pasing yards vs our elite defense

Clemson offense 285 total yards, 16 first downs, 126 passing yards vs GT defense

They put up better offensive numbers against an elite defense than we did against a GT defense."

Reading their board, you'd think they've been a blue-blood powerhouse for decades. They were nothing more than a middling to decent team until they took a page from the SEC playbook and started paying their players directly. I can't wait until we start pummeling those arrogant ööööing piece of öööö regularly.

Our defense stepped up but their QB also missed a lot of very makeable throws. I was surprised by how poor Clemson looked. Very possible that they're looking at 3-plus losses this year.

Of course Dabo has earned more leeway than anyone besides Saban so being mad is pretty dumb.
There were a couple throws that he just missed badly on, but for the most part we hurried him into some of those incompletes, and some where the ball sailed on him, he still had to make a perfect throw because we had guys covered.

I don’t know what is going on with Clemson this year but their offense is unusually bad and I think a lot of it has to do with their offensive line. Sunshine and Etienne were an unusually good duo for the college game so I expected some drop off but the new QB can’t pass the ball more than seven yards. I don’t know if it is a skill issue or he is in panic because of his offensive line
He seemed to pass well enuf during TL's covid spell last year. A lot of what is going on with them is two back to back Heisman types who will do well in the NFL These guys are not easy to replace, no matter how many stars you had as a high school player. If Gibbs stays here long enuf, we will see the same phenomenon.

Ukulele is not a Tlaw. I don't know how these programs get a generational QB and then when they graduate expect that the next guy is also gonna be a generational QB, it's ridiculous just from an odds standpoint. That's why alabama has been so good, they are so strong in so many areas that it compensates for lackluster performance elsewhere. Clemson has a good D but it's not at the pinnacle and is being exposed since they can't rely on the offense to take off the remaining weight.

Screw them both though. I'm glad both programs are down a little and hopefully we can get some more parity in college ball.

Ukulele is not a Tlaw. I don't know how these programs get a generational QB and then when they graduate expect that the next guy is also gonna be a generational QB, it's ridiculous just from an odds standpoint. That's why alabama has been so good, they are so strong in so many areas that it compensates for lackluster performance elsewhere. Clemson has a good D but it's not at the pinnacle and is being exposed since they can't rely on the offense to take off the remaining weight.

Screw them both though. I'm glad both programs are down a little and hopefully we can get some more parity in college ball.

My Clemson-grad friend that I attend the game with biannually there just doesn’t seem to grasp this. He kept asking me “what is wrong with our offense.” I kept telling him you had a QB for 4 years that set the GA HS record for passing in his career, followed by another 4 year starter who broke that record and was NFL caliber as a Soph. Ukelele ain’t that, he’s a Soph who may grow into a solid QB, but will never be Watson or Lawrence. You’d think the answer is obvious but sometimes so much success can simply spoil a fan base.

My Clemson-grad friend that I attend the game with biannually there just doesn’t seem to grasp this. He kept asking me “what is wrong with our offense.” I kept telling him you had a QB for 4 years that set the GA HS record for passing in his career, followed by another 4 year starter who broke that record and was NFL caliber as a Soph. Ukelele ain’t that, he’s a Soph who may grow into a solid QB, but will never be Watson or Lawrence. You’d think the answer is obvious but sometimes so much success can simply spoil a fan base.

They had a much better ol during that time period. Easy to look good when you have days to throw

Back