Clemson / Tech '01 game

jescho

Varsity Lurker
Clemson / Tech \'01 game

ESPN Classic will air the '01 Clemson game tomorrow at noon. Last year the Oklahoma / Kansas St. game pre-empted the beginning of the Tech game. So I have never seen the fumble recovery for a TD that was called back. I also am anxious to see how flagrant the holding was on Dantzler's winning TD draw. I remember it being pretty obvious.

By the way it seems that whenever someone posts one of these "TV game alerts," I am at work without a programmed VCR at home. I wanted to give everyone a day's notice and encourage others to do the same.

Re: Clemson / Tech \'01 game

My personal feeling is that Lovett is not an improvmement from Herring. They are very thin and not very talented on defense. My feeling is that if our defense is playing well at this point, we beat them. Supposedly, Simmons has struggled, and their o-line is very thin as well. I just don't think this team does better than 7-5. Lovett is not very good (ask Franchione what he thinks of AU's defense from a year ago), and Bowden continues to feel the heat from IPTAY.

Thanks Indian Buzz. That makes me feel a LITTLE better. Are you hearing word from their scrimmages that they're not "all that" on either Off. or Def. line?? Also, like us, they'll have two games prior to get ready for us and one against a pretty good UGAG team. That will improve them some on both sides of the ball I feel.

BTW, what does IPTAY mean??

confused.gif

Be sure to also note how if Tech kicks the extra points we win this game.

We GOTTA beat Clemson this year. I REALLY want this one! I was reading how their defense is starting to step it up and should be improved over last year. As long as OUR "D" can hold them at bay and we outscore them, I don't care. Aside from the UGA (of course) and MAYBE the Maryland game, THIS is the one I want the MOST! It's crucial to our success this season!!!

bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif

BTW, what does IPTAY mean??
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I Pay T---- A Year
Student Twenty Dollars for a bright orange shirt to be worn at all possible moments.
Alums $20; $30; $200; $20,000

It was originally a "secret" fraternity of boosters for CU with its own initiation and handshake.
Now, it's just IPTAY

IPTAY started so long ago that it was originally "I Pay Ten A Year"

Jescho, are you named for Jesco White? Who can't stand sloppy slommy eggs?

I took the first two letters of my first, middle, and last names and combined to create JESCHO. I suggested my wife to do the same thing when she needed a user name. Hers came up with "Am-Da-Ho" For some reason she didn't like it.

... and to think that all these years I thought IPTAY stood for:

I Plowed Ten Acres Yesterday.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Go figure.

GO JACKETS!!

Back