"CLIMB"...our new S&C program (per Scout)

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
http://georgiatech.scout.com/2/1086104.html

The team is working with a new program called CLIMB under the direction of Derrick Moore. “We are evaluated in what we do during the week.” The team has their school work, workouts, being on time to meetings, etc evaluated.

Points are assigned to the evaluations in the form of miles and the players are divided into teams. The teams are now at 22,000 miles. “Our goal is to get to 29,000 miles.” The team is close to reach their goal as the summer workouts near their competition. "We are definitely working hard."

This is the öööö that gives me chills:

The leadership on this years team is also taking on a new look. Stephen Sylvester has taken over as the leader on defense. “Stephen has been mentoring, encouraging, and coming down on guys when they needed it.” On the offensive side of the ball, Melton and quarterback Tevin Washington have been the leaders. “I let my actions speak for me rather than my words. Melton feels it’s important for the quarterback to be the leader. “Everyone likes to see Tevin becoming the leader.” The team is also looking for ways to grow beyond the obvious physical growth. Melton knows that you can’t get better physically without the right mental attitude. “The team has been doing the little things that the attitude controls. If you take care of the things that you need to take care of, then you’ll be taken care of.”
Listening to Tyler, it’s apparent that he and his teammates are headed in the right direction in their goal to make amends for last season’s record. “Everyone is hungry, said Melton.

These guys are serious.

This is the öööö that gives me chills:

These guys are serious.

When was the last time someone said "Everyone is kind of complacent and we're just working an average amount" during preseason?

This is an encouraging quote:

'Melton feels it’s important for the quarterback to be the leader. “Everyone likes to see Tevin becoming the leader.” The team is also looking for ways to grow beyond the obvious physical growth.'

When was the last time someone said "Everyone is kind of complacent and we're just working an average amount" during preseason?

I haven't bought in to preseason "we're working hard" hype since the begininng of the 2006 season...but this year I've got that same gut feeling. I kinda believe it this time...but I'll definitely believe it when I see it.

I haven't bought in to preseason "we're working hard" hype since the begininng of the 2006 season...but this year I've got that same gut feeling. I kinda believe it this time...but I'll definitely believe it when I see it.

Yeah I don't buy into any of the preseason talk. I mean, what do you expect them to say? That's not to say they aren't working their asses off and getting stronger and better, just that the quotes don't tell you anything. The proof will be in the pudding.

Yeah I don't buy into any of the preseason talk. I mean, what do you expect them to say? That's not to say they aren't working their asses off and getting stronger and better, just that the quotes don't tell you anything. The proof will be in the pudding.

It's that they are specifically referencing "leadership" and expressing that they are recognize that there were problems last year and are actively correcting those problems. I didn't hear that last year.

It's that they are specifically referencing "leadership" and expressing that they are recognize that there were problems last year and are actively correcting those problems. I didn't hear that last year.

Exactly. Last year there was no reference to a leader. Even CPJ said during last off season he was waiting for some leaders to emerge. Of cousre that never happened. At least we don't hear CPJ making those pleas this year.

Whoop-Dee-Freaking-Doo.

Kumbiya, Polly Anna, Gold Colored Glasses, Sweet Caroline, Rainbows, Sunshine, Golden Shower (whoops)...

We'll see when toe meets leather. I am with Andrew on this one.

And while it's not at all his fault, the idea of our team's offensive leader being the same kid that went 1-3 doesn't install me with a sense of anything good. Words right now mean about as much as recruiting stars.

I'm wondering, how much of TW's leadership role will go away if he is not the starter, or how much will he want to continue trying to be the leader?

"We're gonna play like **** this year. Don't buy season tickets. I'm only here for a degree and this was the only way for me to pay for it. Go watch the Braves. They may make it to the post season."

/sarcasm

I didn't think it was possible, but it seems many of you have grown even more cynical and bitter than is already the norm for Tech fans. Weak sauce.

It amazes me how many GT fans (if you want to call them that) are so down our starting QB before fall practice has even started.

I'm not a fan of offseason cliches either, but seeing Derrick Moore is serving as director of this program does get me excited to think there is some substance behind this.

It amazes me how many GT fans (if you want to call them that) are so down our starting QB before fall practice has even started.

Can't agree with you more.

I'm good with Tevin. I think he will do fine just as long as everyone else does their job.

at least Tevin is embracing the role of "leader". From what I heard, everyone looked to Nesbitt to be a leader but the guy just wasn't leading like he should have been.

Back