"CLIMB"...our new S&C program (per Scout)

I'm in the "show me" camp, too. I got excited last preseason after reading Egbuniwe and A.T. Barnes say they were "perfect fits" for their new positions. We all know how that worked out.

But I do take one little nugget from this article. Unity. I've heard their was division between the "old" and "new" guys on the team last year. Melton, old guard, sounds to be 100% behind Tevin and he brought it up several times in the article. Just having all oars pulling in the same direction is a positive move over last year. You can't be at your best in this sport without knowing deep down the guy beside you has your back.

I am excited about football in general, but I like having good kids too. This was a great quote in my opinion.

I grayshirted. I was supposed to be here with Derrick Morgan, Jonathan Dwyer, Morgan Burnett, that class. When the time came around and I heard about the new coach, I honored my commitment and came to Georgia Tech. I’ve enjoyed my stint here. I have my degree and I don’t regret coming here at all.

I'd love for Tyler to really pull it together this year. We'll just have to wait and see.

I may be eating my words in a couple of months, but I am jacked to see how these guys come out this year. While I know that no one is going to say "we're just sitting around playing x-box all the time," I actually believe that these guys appreciate the issues that the team had last year, and are working to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Or maybe I am just desperate to hope that there is some fire there this year....

Back