Clown Show

05GTCorndog

Dodd-Like
This thread is funny. :facepalm:

jts1207:

Loves Tech FB which was 3-9 last year and 3-6 this year.

Hates Tech BB which was 17-14 last year and is 2-2 this year.

Playing in a basketball conference. :eekwtf:
You are comparing year 5 vs year 2. If CGC is losing to Mercer/Ga State quality opponents in year 5 I think we'd all be pretty pissed about the state of the program.

1982Jacket

Damn Good Rat
You are comparing year 5 vs year 2. If CGC is losing to Mercer/Ga State quality opponents in year 5 I think we'd all be pretty pissed about the state of the program.
Fine.

Now which year did CJP win 25% of his games? Or lose a basketball game by 67 points . . . nevermind actually losing a football game by that much! Losing a football game by 67 points is like losing a basketball game by 150 points.

Oh, I know, I know . . . the most difficult transition in the history of college football since the invention of the wheel, blah, blah, blah.

I'm all for giving CGC more time - especially since we really don't have a choice. But how about giving Tech BB some credit, instead of labeling it a clown show???

05GTCorndog

Dodd-Like
Fine.

Now which year did CJP win 25% of his games? Or lose a basketball game by 67 points . . . nevermind actually losing a football game by that much! Losing a football game by 67 points is like losing a basketball game by 150 points.

Oh, I know, I know . . . the most difficult transition in the history of college football since the invention of the wheel, blah, blah, blah.

I'm all for giving CGC more time - especially since we really don't have a choice. But how about giving Tech BB some credit, instead of labeling it a clown show???

You are right. We should accept losing to Mercer and GA State in year 5 with no issues.

We should be used to it having recently lost games Ohio, Grambling, Wofford, Wright State, Gardner-Webb, and Ball State.

johncu

Dodd-Like

You are right. We should accept losing to Mercer and GA State in year 5 with no issues.

We should be used to it having recently lost games Ohio, Grambling, Wofford, Wright State, Gardner-Webb, and Ball State.
Who's accepting losing to Mercer or Ga State? We're all still pissed about that. We just haven't quit on the team and aren't belittling its accomplishments like @jts1207. Pretty ironic from someone who is so butthurt about the slightest criticism of Geoff Collins.

georgia_tech_swagger

Jolly Good Fellow
The conference looks pretty down this year. Going by the AP poll you have to go back to WWII to find this few teams from the ACC in the Top 25 in the Top 15 in particular.

With the recruiting class Pastner can deal himself cards. Having said that, at the end of this season Pastner becomes "cheap" to buy out. Given his total body of work thus far I'd say any contract modifications should be short term and keep the buyout affordable. Let's not make a Gailey-Gregory-Hewitt-esk contract decision yet again. If the season and recruiting continues on this trajectory you can give him more time. You can give him more money. But you better not make him expensive to get rid of again. And if we're throwing raises and bonuses around based on performance I expect Eric Reveno to get much of it.

gtphd

He / Him / His
So it's top 25 ranking or clown show. The only two options.

That's a clown take.
Maybe it was a clown show when the comment was made but has gotten better as they've actually started to practice.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Yes. Unranked and no tournament projections anywhere. We are soooo good
We're 3-1 in the ACC and have won 7 of our last 8 games.

If we continue at even close to that pace we will get both of those things.