Club Seating in the East stands question

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
Is ANYBODY going to be sitting there ?

I mean, from reading various posts, particularly the person who said that you can purchase tics right on the 45 yd line, I am wondering who the heck will be sitting there - if anybody (??)

The WORSE part is, is that is the main part of the stadium that is seen on TV, from the cameras in the west stands.....

This just might be the single worse mostake by the AA in my lifetime....A HUGE mistake....If they give these to the AA staff etc, its even worse IMO...

I wonder what the "solution" will be next year...sigh......If it had been more reasonably priced, I might have considered it, but I think the price is way out of scale compared to what you actually get.

I have a friend who is a season tic holder at Purdue, and for a similar price they basically get something similar to our private boxes - and they get food, drinks, TV's etc, very reasonably priced for all of that. Here, one gets a chairback and a bathroom.....whatever...

I would normally pile on, and blast GTAA over this issue....

However it appears that Braine has realized all of his moronic decisions and is actually doing some positive things. He has made two very good hires (The Colnel and the new marketing guy) recently. I am going to let this one slide until next year.

We will be stuck with those empty seats for this year, and they will probably be full of our opponent's fans. Nothing we can do it about it now. I am trusting that Braine and his new marketing guy will come up with a brilliant idea to rectify these problems next year.

It is quite obvious GT fans don't believe those seats are worth their current price. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Re: LE Goldbacks

Quote by GoldRush:

Its true that about 40% of the seats have not been sold. The balance will be filled by friends of Tech until they are all sold.
According to the GTAA, these seats will not be used by enemy fans.

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
There is, of course, no way to prevent this from happening....and it will. It is simply a numbers game with most of our opponents.
BOO

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:

Quote by GoldRush:

Its true that about 40% of the seats have not been sold. The balance will be filled by friends of Tech until they are all sold.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">---------------------------------------------

LLcool - I do not direct the following vent to you, the messenger
grin.gif
, but :

"Friends of Tech" ???????? What the hail am I - a 20 year season ticket holder and contributor ???? An "enemy" of Tech ????? Wy do we NEVER get any consideration in these processes ? sigh.....I too, am not piling on, but COME ON !

Somebody said the AA sure makes it hard to be a Tech fan, sheeese - that was true....

Originally posted by BEESerk:
I would normally pile on, and blast GTAA over this issue....

However it appears that Braine has realized all of his moronic decisions and is actually doing some positive things. He has made two very good hires (The Colnel and the new marketing guy) recently. I am going to let this one slide until next year.

We will be stuck with those empty seats for this year, and they will probably be full of our opponent's fans. Nothing we can do it about it now. I am trusting that Braine and his new marketing guy will come up with a brilliant idea to rectify these problems next year.

It is quite obvious GT fans don't believe those seats are worth their current price. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I am sorry, but all of sudden realizing that your ass is grass doesnt make up for pathetic management. Just because his first wave of people have come and gone (after ridding of most GT people familiar with the school except for Jack Thompson) and now he is on a second wave. This is one area where we need people who have been at Tech, understand how unique it is, and can manage in that environment. He will be gone by spring. And that will be the start of the new GT AA.

How will the enemy get these seats? If the AA sells them at discount to the enemy without offering to the Tech faithful they are inviting terrorist acts from Tech fans...

I don't believe that Dave is THAT Braineless. He will just give them to his family, staff families, ISP personnel, Va Tech alums living in the Atlanta area, etc. You can bet that will mean a lot of Red in there come UGAg, but I just don't see it for most other games. Be interesting to see what the last minute moves are to use these tickets for Aubie.

Now the SMART thing to do would be to let the students sit here. That's right, let all students have 2 date tickets and fill up the East with rowdie students and friends. Sell the extra student seats that would have been used for student seating to the Aubie's and such. But that would be the SMART thing to do, and actually requires some Braines to make that happen.

Better yet go ahead and make it band day and offer the seats to local high school bands. Anything's better than empty seats or Aubies in these seats.

Quote by GoldRush:

"Friends of Tech" ???????? What the hail am I - a 20 year season ticket holder and contributor ???? An "enemy" of Tech ????? Wy do we NEVER get any consideration in these processes ? sigh.....I too, am not piling on, but COME ON !

GR, I could not agree with you more. I am of the opinion that just about everything being done down there now is about raising money. Where it comes from does not matter. As Gnome indicated, Jack Thompson seems to be the only person left that you could call a TECH Man. He did not go to school here (Ky. I think), but he is absolutely Ga. Tech.

My post was merely stating what i heard from someone down there.

Friends of Tech included professors (some kind of friend, huh?), contributors interested in buying a psl for a goldback, and others.

BDG said that it is impossible to prevent enemies from enjoying those seats, and the incredible lounge that comes with it. I also agree.

PS. These instant Graemlins are great for expressing emotions of a thread. There is a tremendous need for another one that shows "tongue in cheek". I would use that one a lot!

Back