Coach K nonsense

jimbobGT

Varsity Lurker
I think success has gotten to the Duke fans...their boards are saying Hewitt caused K to get his technicals...right.

Honestly, I expected to get blown out by Duke last night, especially since they were just coming off a loss. I think the freshmen gave it all they had and played very well. We just couldn't handle their pressure and we took plenty of bad shots. Also, we couldn't drain the ball when we had good looks.

Overall, considering the emotion Duke players and the people in Cameron were feeling, I'm pretty impressed by what we ended up doing.

Now this coach K nonsense, I wasn't upset at him trying to pump up the crowds. All coaches are trying to get the fans involved...look at how Hewitt has students right behind the baskets now. I remember Hewitt trying to pump up the crowd at the thrillerdome last year. What I couldn't stand was how K went off on the ref! That was completely uncalled for and it was pathetic to hear the announcers just blowing it off. When McHenry got called for the intentional, Hewitt went up to the ref and talked to him calmly. The McHenry intentional was even more bogus than the Boozer foul! And the handshakes at the end of the game...what can I say. The guy doesn't have the decency to give a good handshake to the opponent? Tech using the whole floor during the warm-ups is an excuse for a grown man to act like a 4 year old?

All I can say is that Duke can keep their 3 championships, they definitely earned it. They can keep K, I don't ever want someone like him being a god-like figure for Tech. I want coaches like Bobby Dodd, who realized that there were more important things in life than sports. I hope Hewitt realizes that.

Aiken Jacket

Flats Noob
I am reminded of an old t-shirt slogan I used to see on campus and around the ACC - Duck Fuke.

I have been a fan of Duke b-ball for a while, because I like hard playing, well coached ballplayers who are pretty dog-goned intelligent to boot.

However, Coach K can kiss my butt for exhibiting the "leadership" he showed last night.

GO JACKETS!

law_bee

Dodd-Like
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aiken Jacket:
I am reminded of an old t-shirt slogan I used to see on campus and around the ACC - Duck Fuke.

I have been a fan of Duke b-ball for a while, because I like hard playing, well coached ballplayers who are pretty dog-goned intelligent to boot.

However, Coach K can kiss my butt for exhibiting the "leadership" he showed last night.

GO JACKETS!
<hr></blockquote>

feel the same way Ajacket

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
I have admired the ability of Coach K in the past, and still realize he is a good basketball coach, but agree his tactics on the floor are beginning to rub a little thin.

Some one on the Hive stated, "he is beginning to take on some of Bobby Knights characteristics". I know he has earned some of the rights to be a little pious, but it is getting to be a little much.

yellowjacket

Varsity Lurker
I recognize just how strong the Duke program is but I no longer respect or admire them and I especially detest "K".

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
ahso, absolutely!! I sent u (replied) to your very kind e-mail detailing instructions on graemlins!! Sick that u did not get it! I saved it cause I will not be able to remember step by step. If I clicked reply, shouldn't u have gotten it? I will check my "sent mail" and re-send. Thanks. Glad u told me u did not get it.

pjjacket

Flats Noob
K has become rather boring with his antics and demonstrations on the court. Hopefully, other ACC teams will upset them, especially in Cameron. I lost respect for him last year in AMC when he harangued the refs about a M. Isenhour foul. Basketball is a contact sport even for those Little Devils from Dook!!!! GT will get better and we will have our day in the not too distant future.

Goldenbird

Varsity Lurker
I agree w/ most of the others on this -- I was VERY DISSAPPOINTED in Coach K. His behavior was not "Duke - like". Did anyone feel the refs let Duke get away with pushs and shove early?! Not that it would have changed the outcome ....

ALSO, I thought our young jackets played hard. We lost because Duke is a much better team, but we weren't intimidated.

Juvie

Varsity Lurker
Typical Duke ball. All they do is whine and complain. You're #1 or 2 in the country and you think people are still doing you wrong. Then they have the nerves to say that noone respects them! If you need others respect to know that you're good then I feel sorry for you. Show some class sometimes then maybe you'll get some.

jimbobGT

Varsity Lurker
not to mention the crap that duhon or williams was spouting about being at war...give me a break. If K has to use a war analogy to motivate the players after what happened on 9/11, he needs help.

Juvie

Varsity Lurker
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jimbobGT:
not to mention the crap that duhon or williams was spouting about being at war...give me a break. If K has to use a war analogy to motivate the players after what happened on 9/11, he needs help.<hr></blockquote>

Like anyone would really pick them to defend this country. They don't know war! Softies!