Coach O leaving at end of the season

saxondawg

Varsity Lurker
If you have a sub to The Athletic, read the article on him there. It's about a whole lot of stuff, not football. Excerpt:

...It created messes for him, like the time Orgeron pulled up to a woman at a gas station wearing exercise attire. “Hey, you look like you work out,” he said, according to multiple sources. “We could work out together.” The woman informed Orgeron she was married and pregnant, to which he responded, “Why does that matter?”
That woman was the wife of a high-ranking LSU official. Word of this reached the LSU Board of Supervisors, the collection of prominent Louisiana attorneys and business owners appointed by the governor who make the most important decisions at LSU. And of course, it reached LSU athletic director Scott Woodward.
A good attorney could argue the woman couldn't have possibly understood his speech that clearly, I guess. He's also made some terrible coaching hires and admitted he doesn't interview his hires first. Just a mess, always has been.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
He was a well-known mess going all the way back to his days coaching D-Line at "The U" under Jimmy Johnson. He was unemployed for a couple of years after that debacle. I would be surprised if anyone gives him another chance to coach again after his LSU shenanigans.

But he'll be fine.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
If you have a sub to The Athletic, read the article on him there. It's about a whole lot of stuff, not football. Excerpt:

...It created messes for him, like the time Orgeron pulled up to a woman at a gas station wearing exercise attire. “Hey, you look like you work out,” he said, according to multiple sources. “We could work out together.” The woman informed Orgeron she was married and pregnant, to which he responded, “Why does that matter?”
That woman was the wife of a high-ranking LSU official. Word of this reached the LSU Board of Supervisors, the collection of prominent Louisiana attorneys and business owners appointed by the governor who make the most important decisions at LSU. And of course, it reached LSU athletic director Scott Woodward.
A good attorney could argue the woman couldn't have possibly understood his speech that clearly, I guess. He's also made some terrible coaching hires and admitted he doesn't interview his hires first. Just a mess, always has been.
He was asking her about Working Out?

Why is that a big deal?

He didn't ask her out for drinks, he didn't say let's go dancing, he asked her to work out, he never asked for her phone number?

She's a grown @zz woman, and went back to her hubby with, "a guy asked me to work out with him"

Need more details?

That's on the Woman IMO, she's a weak @zz Woman for saying, " I'm married and pregnant", she should say, "you aren't the kind of person I want to know better nor spend valuable time with, now leave me alone please"!

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza

Why is that a big deal?

He didn't ask her out for drinks, he didn't say let's go dancing, he asked her to work out, he never asked for her phone number?

She's a grown @zz woman, and went back to her hubby with, "a guy asked me to work out with him"

Need more details?

That's on the Woman IMO, she's a weak @zz Woman for saying, " I'm married and pregnant", she should say, "you aren't the kind of person I want to know better nor spend valuable time with, now leave me alone please"!
But he's a married man. He needs to be saying those things to Mrs. O, not some random chick at the 7/11. SMH.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
They won that title with generational talent and a brilliant offensive guru who is in the pros now. I think they realized that was lightning in a bottle and the guy was a headache. Still, they love flushing money down the drain.

superjacket21

Drink alone
He was a well-known mess going all the way back to his days coaching D-Line at "The U" under Jimmy Johnson. He was unemployed for a couple of years after that debacle. I would be surprised if anyone gives him another chance to coach again after his LSU shenanigans.

But he'll be fine.

Can’t blame him

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb

Why is that a big deal?

Need more details?

I'm just glad we have you here to tell us all exactly what pregant married women should say when fat old strangers pull up next to them and hit on them at the gas station.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I'm just glad we have you here to tell us all exactly what pregant married women should say when fat old strangers pull up next to them and hit on them at the gas station.
It wasn't that serious.

A woman told me that is taking the weak way out, making it seem like being married is the barrier that's in the way, just tell the Guy he's wasting his time, you're not interested and keep it moving.

A stranger doesn't need to know you are married & pregnant, you can that say that you aren't interested and keep on your merry way, no one needs to know why you are rejecting them

cyptomcat

Hibernating
They won that title with generational talent and a brilliant offensive guru who is in the pros now. I think they realized that was lightning in a bottle and the guy was a headache. Still, they love flushing money down the drain.
Both Burrow and the OC came to LSU under coach O. We don't know if he would not have found another good OC or great QB.

I think this has as much to do with coach O's extracurriculars as the two bad years.

GT to AZ

Helluva Engineer

Why is that a big deal?

Seriously? You blame her for his disrespectful behavior?

You can bet he's acting like this with many other women too. Just so happens this one was married to someone who has some amount of influence on his job.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
It wasn't that serious.

A woman told me that is taking the weak way out, making it seem like being married is the barrier that's in the way, just tell the Guy he's wasting his time, you're not interested and keep it moving.

A stranger doesn't need to know you are married & pregnant, you can that say that you aren't interested and keep on your merry way, no one needs to know why you are rejecting them
He wasn't a stranger though. She knew exactly who he was. Tough to come back from propositioning your boss's wife at a gas station, and telling her it's not a problem that she's married and pregnant.

Last edited: