Coaching Search Update

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Given the turn around by Thacker and the D, I wonder if the OL failure is on Key or the idiot who is now set for life thanks to TStan. If Chadwell is the new coach, I hope he considers retaining some of the current assistants. At a minimum, Watson should be retained.
True, given the turnaround, it appears we have guys that would be great if Chadwell doesnt bring his whole staff.

It would be clearly best if he can bring his whole staff, at least on offense. Its complicated and we dont need to be teaching coaches the same time as players.

A lot of guys on our staff have went from toxic to desirable wrt future job opportunities.

GTsapper

USVI Wreck from Georgia Tech
If we beat Georgia and win a bowl game, we will be complete idiots if we hire somebody besides Key. Complete idiots. And, we very well may beat Georgia. I am a typical fan. If Georgia clobbers us, I will probably be wanting a change. But, the team and coaching staff sure did a great job against UNC, and when people are fighting their hardest for each other, very surprising things can happen. Like all Tech fans, I hope we beat Georgia and, if we do, I hope we keep Coach Key.
If Key is gonna be the guy I would have to assume they'd announce it before Saturday. Unless he goes out there and wins it on the field, at which point we'd pretty much have to hire him (and, in that instance, rightfully so).

TechRush

Dodd-Like
A lot of guys on our staff have went from toxic to desirable wrt future job opportunities.
Dude, Brent Key was about as toxic as GC before he was given the interim coaching duties. Now people want to keep him one week, ditch him again, then anoint him as the savior of the program the next week. Then someone literally inferred that if he can keep it to within 15 against UGA he should be hired on the spot. My God, how far we have fallen due to G freaking C. There is more emotional drama here than a preteen girls slumber party.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Dude, Brent Key was about as toxic as GC before he was given the interim coaching duties. Now people want to keep him one week, ditch him again, then anoint him as the savior of the program the next week. Then someone literally inferred that if he can keep it to within 15 against UGA he should be hired on the spot. My God, how far we have fallen due to G freaking C. There is more emotional drama here than a preteen girls slumber party.
It's more like people who want to keep him are loud after wins and quiet after losses.

GTsapper

USVI Wreck from Georgia Tech
The Key Question will resolve itself after the UGA game.
I just think if we're really gonna name him the new coach, it would be best to announce it before Ugag. Announcing after Ugag could be problematic.

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Sad but absolutely true.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
While Tech is playing the dwags at noon on ESPN, Coastal Carolina will be playing James Madison on ESPNU. Which game will be more interesting for Tech fans by the second halves?

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
While Tech is playing the dwags at noon on ESPN, Coastal Carolina will be playing James Madison on ESPNU. Which game will be more interesting for Tech fans by the second halves?
James Madison and Curt Cignetti gonna pound them Chantiqueers.

malak05

Varsity Lurker
Announcement of new coach expected to happen Monday
Hearing it will be Chadwell
I hope if that is to be the case all parties involved have sit down and discussed retaining Thacker and most the defensive coaches. I'm sorry you got something solid brewing over there. If I'm offense head coach coming in to install a unique offense it would be nice to have the other side of the ball as smooth as possible in that transition. KEEP THACKER!!!!

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
GoJackets/247 crew are indicating it’s Chadwell; JOL/Rivals crew are indicating GOJ/247 crew are morons with no sources; seem to be leaning Key. Who knows.
KQ said that many parties spread false information, not just in this search but others as well. So even if you have sources there's a real chance they're not accurate. After all, very few people need to be aware of the final decision ahead of time.