COFH 2023 TV Ratings

I love the fact that GT social media is pumping these ratings as if we had anything to do with it.
They absolutely did. People tuned in when Tech was running down that field up on uga. People watch exciting football and that’s what tech has.

I’ll never understand the UVA thing. They are terrible
The SEC believes their brand will lift UVA into success. New market for them. I don’t know I feel the same way but that is what they are looking for.

I love the fact that GT social media is pumping these ratings as if we had anything to do with it.
Give this a try:
IMG_0466.jpeg

And while you are getting Mr. Self-esteem squared away, I'll point out that after the first five minutes, it was clear we meant business and people already watching from the other 49 states who don't give a öööö about the dwags kept watching and people who saw the score flipped over to watch. So you can self-loathe all you want but we had everything to do with that rating.

You think 5.3M people across the US would spend their Sat football time watching the dwags steamroll yet another SEC cupcake? I'll make that a multiple-choice question:
A) No
B) Not just No but Hell No
C) öööö No

From the link below, our game had higher ratings than any other UGA evening game this season, Including their Week 11 matchup vs Ole Miss where we drew 500k more. We drew 3M more viewers than their noon matchup vs Vandy and 2M more than their 7 pm matchup with Kentucky.

From the link below, our game had higher ratings than any other UGA evening game this season, Including their Week 11 matchup vs Ole Miss where we drew 500k more. We drew 3M more viewers than their noon matchup vs Vandy and 2M more than their 7 pm matchup with Kentucky.

My god some of you are delusional. We are not a television draw. People tuned in to watch Georgia, as much as I hate to say it.

The previous week, GA vs. TN was the top rated game and that was a blowout. The UGA game is in the top 3 in ratings in all the previous weeks going back to week 9.

Nobody cared about the actual game, unfortunately.

You think 5.3M people across the US would spend their Sat football time watching the dwags steamroll yet another SEC cupcake?

Yes.

GA vs. TN was the number 1 rated game the week before. It had 5.73 million viewers. It was a blowout after the first possession.

BuT UgAg waS pLayInG

I don't think you realize how many Tech fans there are all over the country who couldn't tell you who the QB is, who the coach is, or their record. And this is the 1 game they want to watch.

And I'm not touting GT here. Michigan and Ohio State have them. USC has them, Florida State has them. There are lots of fans who may never wear a piece of merch, never post on a message board or send a dollar of support. But there is 1 game that is important to them.

I'll also add that it was a good game and the fact uga keeps winning means more fans of other teams keep rooting against them, aka they were watching too. The fact that it was close, GT 100% contributed to those ratings.

I don't think you realize how many Tech fans there are all over the country who couldn't tell you who the QB is, who the coach is, or their record. And this is the 1 game they want to watch.

And I'm not touting GT here. Michigan and Ohio State have them. USC has them, Florida State has them. There are lots of fans who may never wear a piece of merch, never post on a message board or send a dollar of support. But there is 1 game that is important to them.

I'll also add that it was a good game and the fact uga keeps winning means more fans of other teams keep rooting against them, aka they were watching too. The fact that it was close, GT 100% contributed to those ratings.
And its not just "Tech fans all over the country" its football fans who remember us kicking ass every 6 or 8 years and hoping we knock off #1 - there was even a graphic during the broadcast showing that we knocked off #1 three times. This is what pisses me off - to just give the dwags 100% of the credit for every damn eyeball on the game. Its like getting a date with the prom queen but telling all your friends she went out with you to complete her community service obligation. Have some damn pride, some confidence and some swagger, for god's sake.

And its not just "Tech fans all over the country" its football fans who remember us kicking ass every 6 or 8 years and hoping we knock off #1 - there was even a graphic during the broadcast showing that we knocked off #1 three times. This is what pisses me off - to just give the dwags 100% of the credit for every damn eyeball on the game. Its like getting a date with the prom queen but telling all your friends she went out with you to complete her community service obligation. Have some damn pride, some confidence and some swagger, for god's sake.
I'm more pissed off that the whole of the ACC looks at UNC, Clemson, Miami, FSU like they are darlings of CFB. Miami still hasn't won the ACC and the last ACC championship for UNC was 1980 - but they are almost SEC baybeeeee!

Back