College Football News, Tech 2003 Preview

Thanks JacketGuy. The potential impact players seemed a little out of order to me considering our strengths and weaknesses.

I would guess that Leshawn Newberry and Mansfield Wrotto would have the best chance of playing early. The halfback, Grant, could possibly get in the thick of things with a good showing in the Fall practice.

The incoming class looks better and better to me everytime I see it. Not that I havn't always liked it.

I'd agree that the NCST game could be considered pivotal. We'll need to win that one but they'll probably be gunning for us after what we did to them in Raleigh last year. A let down from us and we might drop that game. Could be tough.

This season reminds me of a phrase in the western movie "Silverado".

Since most of the teams we play will be good in their own rights, we should not be cocky for any of our games.

The phrase, "You had better watch your Ass, because these guys can shoot it off".

wink.gif

Fascinating to see an outsiders view of team at this point..Seems well thought-out.They may be depending on Gathers and Hollings a little too much.
This may be the most important/crucial opening game in a while.Win and we compete very well in next 2.Lose,well maybe not.
Immediately then Clemson here becomes very big if we are losing.We must stop the bleeding and it gives us a chance for a string of wins.
I really think by NCST the die is cast.Big game but not as key as BYU or Clemson.

I think our biggest game falls on September 6th.

Auburn has the potential to be a great team, but noone is quite sure what to think of them. It will be a Judgement Day game for both teams. If we can beat Auburn, I think we can look at the possibility of being an ACC Title competitor this year. An upside is, if we barely lose, it does not impact our ACC chances.

Beat Brigham Young, off to a good start and have confidence. Beat Auburn, major momentum going into the F$U game. Beat the Noles, major momentum going into the Clempsun game. If we emerge 4-0 in our first 4 games, we have everyone's attention and we'll be on a roll that only we could stop.

Thanks for the link. That was actually a pretty good overall review and seemed to show some good research on their part.

I think the talent is there but lets see if they can put it all together as a team. The sum will need to be greater than the parts.

Back