Collins, year 4

jacket_sav

Varsity Lurker
I feel strangely optimistic about this upcoming season. Collins is taking a more active role in coaching the defense, so in a more real sense this season will reveal whether Collins really can coach or not. I am choosing to believe that these first three years really were about building culture, and now for the first time we really are going to see Collins's coaching ability/philosophy really tested. Maybe I am naive, but maybe we really might see something different this year.

I feel strangely optimistic about this upcoming season. Collins is taking a more active role in coaching the defense, so in a more real sense this season will reveal whether Collins really can coach or not. I am choosing to believe that these first three years really were about building culture, and now for the first time we really are going to see Collins's coaching ability/philosophy really tested. Maybe I am naive, but maybe we really might see something different this year.
I'm caustiously optimistic. I'm hoping the new coaches and Collins more hands on is the difference. We shall see in 180 days.

Being optimistic at this point is definitely strange. Our OL is going to be historically bad.

Hopefully the coaching changes will flip the switch.
I like it, hope we flip the dip switch.

It will be much easier for the program if somehow G*C* gets it together, so let’s hope we catch lightning in a bottle. The odds are very long though. We now have too much change, too fast out of necessity and are in career panic mode. He needed to cut loose those over their head when it was apparent after season 1 they weren’t gonna hack it. Not doing so has all the appearances of career suicide.

I was more optimistic with the new OC coming in, then we had some DL departures that quenched that optimism.

Being optimistic at this point is definitely strange. Our OL is going to be historically bad.

I really don't have much faith in CBK either; but this year he has to produce or his entire career takes a huge hit.

Better than Pastner year 6
rz5nvU4.png

The naive optimism is cute but at this point you're just trying to catch a falling knife. Wait until the uptrend is confirmed before placing your bets.

I was more optimistic with the new OC coming in, then we had some DL departures that quenched that optimism.

I really don't have much faith in CBK either; but this year he has to produce or his entire career takes a huge hit.
Not sure why anyone likes him. He’s not recruiting or retaining well, he doesn’t seem to coach well based on results on the field, and he is Asst Coach of the 3-3-3. Overhyped & overpaid.

Coach Collins is on the Hot Seat and he knows it. Tech hasn't been any good on the defensive side of the ball in what seems like forever...yet, all anybody ever likes to talk about is offense. Hiring Chip Long will work out for GT as he may become our next Head Coach if Coach Collins can't get the defense right and is bought out after another 3-4 win season. Coach Collins will keep his job with a 6 win season!

Last edited:
Back