Colors

Culb

Varsity Lurker
Since it was brought up...

I do complain about the colors. But not what color is the right shade of gold. I complain, to my friends especially, that over half of our stadium on a regular basis doesn't wear any Tech color. This includes the students as much as anyone. People are just wearing anything to the games.

I wear yellow, gold, whatever you want to call it. I wear it to every game. But my friends don't care. They wear grey, blue, green...whatever they feel like that day. It drives me crazy. And the fraternities always wear dark suits(I never understood why you wear a suit to a game, but that's another discussion). I saw a group of frat guys tailgating at a house with their dates. They guys were wearing blue blazers, one of the girls was wearing a red dress. If you're gonna come to a Tech game, the last thing you should wear is red.

When you go to an FSU game at Doak, the entire crowd is wearing garnet. UGA in Athens is all red. UT has a completely orange stadium. We have a very noticable color, why can't we all wear it?

That's a good question. Whenever I go to a Tech game, I wear something that's at least related to Gold or yellow. Red is right outta there.

One of the most awesome things I've ever heard of was the "Blackout" that USC fans laid on UF last year at Williams-Brice. Just about the entire stadium was dressed in black to greet the Gators. This was at Granny's request. Of course, it didn't mean anything as UF romped. But it was a neat idea.

I wonder if CG pleaded with us to wear gold, how many would do it?

Coach Gailey has pleaded at Lunch Brunch, on his call in show last week, and at Lunch with Football for us to wear Gold. It hasn't sunk in yet.
bash.gif

Originally posted by bugboy:

I wonder if CG pleaded with us to wear gold, how many would do it?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Everyone is waiting for BeeWare to bless the idea or not!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Whats all this talk about colors?

oldgold6.jpg

Sure, we didnt mind a little blue on the way to the MNC

oldgold3.jpg

and its a lot of fun to see white jerseys

oldgold5.jpg

but when we think of Georgia Tech

oldgold4.jpg

what color do we really think of?

oldgold2.jpg

WEAR YOUR GOLD!!!!

bash.gif

Having a fair complection and blonde hair, my girlfriend refuses to wear gold or yellow... She can't seem to find anything she's willing to wear; its maddening. And while I've put my foot down about the ever popular black pants and red top combo, green and blue just don't seem right. Can any female stingtalkers help point her in the right direction?

It should be GOLD not Yellow. I see a lot of Yellow and when I see yellow I think chicken. And it is not a good color for a football team. If we are going to wear gold get it right. The yellow jerseys we wore a few years ago were sick.

I personally prefer Bobby Dodds Blue, what is with the white at home anyway? You want a dominant color to dominate the opposition. White does not do that. The Gold jerseys from 69 were cool, they were gold not yellow! If we have only been wearing white at home since the 70's as research seems to indicate, how is that a tradition?
rolleyes.gif

OK maybe since I’m only a tech fan and not a tech graduate but rather Georgia State I don’t have a say.
bash.gif

A tradition dating back 30 years ago is a longer tradition than those at probably 75% at most Div 1-A schools.

I like white at home with gold pants and gold block numerals and gold helmet. Sharpest uni in all of college football.

Yellow, gold, whatever. O'Leary tried to get everything in Vegas Gold but unfortunately we took a step back to the cheddar.

JUST WEAR GOLD, yellow, old gold, cheddar, vegas gold, whatever. Coach and Wes have told us again and again to wear GOLD and it seems like half our fans don't care what our coach wants, and that's pretty pathetic.
pat.gif

Seems like I remember an earlier uniform/colors thread someone mentioning a team that got special exemption from NCAA to wear a different color scheme for their home/away jerseys. The last time we played and beat ND in the Gator Bowl we wore gold jerseys and white pants;this combo was simply the best looking setup for GT I have ever seen! What about getting NCAA ok to wear this combo all the time and put the issue to rest?

THWG!! FEAR THE JACKETS!!

drinking.gif
drinking.gif

I'm not a female, but I had a similar issue with a fair-skinned blonde girlfriend several years ago. I sarcastically told her we weren't going to a fashion show or dressy dinner party, so it didn't matter she didn't like the way her complexion looked with the color. She worked on the fake tan, found a shade of gold that looked pretty good on her, and wore it to every game.

Tell yours to take a look at the blonde GT cheerleaders...they look pretty good in gold, don't they???
wink.gif

Calderman,
I have a very fair complexion and med. brown hair as well and it is very difficult to find a gold that is acceptable with that combination. However, being the loyal grad & fan that I am I've decided that I pretty much have to go with the brighter yellow....I've been able to have pretty good luck with Liz Claiborne and the Hilfiger brands. It's difficult to find the correct shade of gold but I always keep an eye out for it! Good luck...where there's a will there's a way....hopefully she won't get too discouraged!

Back