Comments on Byrd and Beaver Stadiums

Barry Hix

Varsity Lurker
I went to our game on Thursday and PSU on Saturday. Some thoughts...

Byrd Stadium...akin to minor league baseball with games during time outs...also very inappropriate use of the loud speaker via the use of " heavy metal" music to stir the crowd. Many times the music continued to just before the Tech QB was under center. This should be outlawed. Simply the oddest configuration for a stadium that I have ever witnessed...certainly not a recruiting tool for the Fridge.

Beaver Stadium...I have been to many stadiums (all in the SE) and Beaver is a great site with Mount Nittany looming outside the stadium. The club seating is first class with a spacious 50 foot high enclosed reception area...much needed with the cold weather. Hard to believe they get 110,000 in the place...doesnt look that big which I believe is a compliment. A great place with a proud tradition. No gimmicks (save for the occasional lion roar)...just football, the way it should be.

However, we all can be very proud of Dodd. Dodd is becoming a gem. Still have to say that I would rather be at Dodd on a Saturday afternoon.

Back