commit #3 is a big one!!

Legitimate question... why do teams like Dook have more commits than we do?

I'd guess they have more openings to fill so they've offered more guys than we have.

We only have like 13 or so spots so we have to be selective.:dunno:

CPJ has said all along he'd take a big and fast guy over a small and fast guy at OL. He said that there just aren't a lot of big and fast out there.

I've heard him say this multiple times in interviews.

CPJ (just like any other coach) will always take the best they can get.

Last edited:
Signing day isn't for nine months. Verbal commitments come when they come, and hopefully we're after players with more options than Duke is. Would you want any of Duke's commits? They've got a bunch of unrated DBs and an OL we haven't offered. Sounds good for another 4 or 5 win season.

Because Coach Cut doesn't tell them to wait until they're 100% certain they want to be at Duke like CPJ does. He'll take the committment and hope it sticks...the whole time realizing he's at Duke and it isn't likely to.

Really? I wish our classes were more balanced year-to-year, numbers wise.

If they only sign 13-15 for 2103, I'm hoping that 5 or more of them will be rated four stars or better. I really want to see them make some strides on the recruiting front this year.

If they only sign 13-15 for 2103, I'm hoping that 5 or more of them will be rated four stars or better. I really want to see them make some strides on the recruiting front this year.

You're really looking ahead there, don't you think?

I think Alabama already has 3 commits for that class...

Last edited:
Really? I wish our classes were more balanced year-to-year, numbers wise.

It's getting there. We had some good size classes before and we've redshirted a crap ton (might be 2:1 redshirted to non even with the incoming freshmen).

uhh, no. Triple option offense is not about the bigger guys. That's not to say they won't be successful, but they are not needed for the offense.
PJ has NEVER said he wants smaller linemen. What he has said is that he doesn't want slow, fat linemen who can't move or get low enough to drive an opponent. He is not interested in the OL dancing with the DL, he wants people to hit somebody.

I'd guess they have more openings to fill so they've offered more guys than we have.

We only have like 13 or so spots so we have to be selective.:dunno:

Ah, I see.

...and why the limited spots? Doesn't have anything to do with 2009 does it?

Don't think that this has been posted yet. Devine is #725 and is buddy Hall is #727. They both pretty much own everyone that comes up against them. Hall would be a really nice addition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWCdYiGHUF4
really like how low Devine gets. Hall could be lower.

Whos is the monster DT at 4:56?

edit: his name is Christian Harris. Not even on Rivals.

Back