Committable 2019 offers?

thwg

Damn Good Rat
1. German DL Darkwa - Penn State just committed via twitter
2. Lawrenceville DE Evans -committed to GT
3. Harrisburg WR Burnett - committed to GT
4. Birmingham DL Lockhart - likely GT
5. Rome RB Jamious - seemingly committed to GT
6. Marques Ezzard WR (19th ranked WR in the country in 2018 transfer from Miami from Stockbridge) - seemingly committed to GT but might not be able to play until 2020.

Updated

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
We have another LB in town for a visit, Maryland commit Kameron Blount. Looks like we haven't offered yet. Could be waiting on Brothers' decision.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
We have recruited some highly regarded LBs the past few years, but not many have made the 2-deep over more seniored players. I’m interested in what Thomas can become if he adds weight.

Also curious how much of the defensive issues are Xs & Os, not Jimmies & Joes. Maybe some of these guys become really good players with the proper coaching.

olgoldandwhite

Dodd-Like
I can’t underst why players didn’t sign in December? If you’re committed, why not sign?

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
If you’re truly undecided or holding out for a better offer then you don’t sign. Also, I’m sure some just like the drama and attention of waiting to the end.

I think we are also learning that a 3 star begins to look attractive to a factory school after the early signing period if they miss on higher ranked targets. Kids will learn that scarcity leads to better offers late.

TechRush

Dodd-Like
I think more and more kids will stop signing in December, at least the ones that are not truly committed. The December signing period will tell you who's committed and who really isn't. So that one kid above that is committed to Maryland is not really committed; Maryland is just their placeholder.

sthorfinnr

We The Vanguard Stockholders
I think more and more kids will stop signing in December, at least the ones that are not truly committed. The December signing period will tell you who's committed and who really isn't. So that one kid above that is committed to Maryland is not really committed; Maryland is just their placeholder.
Maryland had a coaching change in the middle of the season too.

BOS

Flats Noob
I can’t underst why players didn’t sign in December? If you’re committed, why not sign?
It's a game that's played by the kids. Schools tell them they only have a few spots available at their position so the kids commit earlier than they want to in order to preserve their scholly there, but wait to see if anything else opens up. It only hurts the school, but I see why they do it.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
It's a game that's played by the kids. Schools tell them they only have a few spots available at their position so the kids commit earlier than they want to in order to preserve their scholly there, but wait to see if anything else opens up. It only hurts the school, but I see why they do it.
If the kid does not sign in December, I see no reason for the school to hold his scholarship open for him.

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
I hope I'm totally wrong but I'm afraid we may find out we don't have many good FB players left for CGC and company. When I see the competition we were having for the recruitment of our present kids tells me we are in trouble and a top notch recruiting staff is just what the doctor ordered. Just MO and I've been wrong before and hope I'm wrong again. Certainly not 100% true, there are some good FB players scattered through the squad.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I hope all of our offers are committable. I appreciated that CPJ was such a straight shooter in that department.

sthorfinnr

We The Vanguard Stockholders
I hope all of our offers are committable. I appreciated that CPJ was such a straight shooter in that department.
CPJ made offers with conditions, and we had to let multiple commits go because they didn't meet those conditions (usually academics). Don't assume that just because our coaches are recruiting aggressively they are being dishonest.

18in32

Petard Hoister
CPJ made offers with conditions, and we had to let multiple commits go because they didn't meet those conditions (usually academics). Don't assume that just because our coaches are recruiting aggressively they are being dishonest.
I'm not – and your point isn't related to "committable" anyhow. A committable offer isn't one where the recruit has passed certain academic thresholds, but one where the school isn't reserving 'your spot' for someone else.

wishbone

Dodd-Like
I hope I'm totally wrong but I'm afraid we may find out we don't have many good FB players left for CGC and company. When I see the competition we were having for the recruitment of our present kids tells me we are in trouble and a top notch recruiting staff is just what the doctor ordered. Just MO and I've been wrong before and hope I'm wrong again. Certainly not 100% true, there are some good FB players scattered through the squad.
Didn't these kids "tie" for Coastal running the boring high school offense? They play hard and are talented, they will be fine. I like CGC getting in the face of SEC recruiting. If he coaches 1/2 as well as he markets, next year is gonna be a lot of fun. 1st game against the National Champs. Last game against the National Chumps. What's not to love?