Concerns about Coach Mac

law_bee

Dodd-Like
This is nothing against coach Mac, but I do have some concerns and if someone wants to respond and make me feel better that would be great.

1. He was not an initial candidate (what this means is that the people around him did not consider him to be a viable option) here again not saying they are right, just stating the facts

2. I also have concerns PERPETUATING the existing regime. People act like we want continuity. WE DONT. We want to go to the NEXT level. This is what they did at Ugag with Jirsa and Tubby Smith. The players loved Jirsa and it took 2 years after jirsa left to rebuild the program.

3. Other thing is WHAT does coach Mac bring to the table? JR brings pro style offense, vertical passing game and the experience of coaching at the next level for many years (and a GT grad, which is one of the reasons I thought he was leading)
CT brings 2 years of CFL coach of the year (CFL is very explosive style of playing (mobile QB's etc.)) Also this is the man recommended by Fridge and Ross. I believe he has the best CHANCE to take us to the next level.

It would not necessarily be a BAD thing to make some staff changes. I believe all three candidates keep Billy as OC and we want D. Kelley and Lance, but after that I would just assume get some new blood in here.

Just some thoughts.
blue.gif

In my opinion, all of your thoughts are valid thoughts and questions.

At least your thoughts were not as long and drawn out as my last post. I almost fell asleep typing it.

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

i for one have many concerns about mac, if he was really a presence such as suggested by some on the hive board, why was he never given any chance prior to now. why was he never even considered when uga had openings, it is even scarier that he was at memphis with rip scherer when they were scoring about 7 points a game and getting murdered every week. his record at west ga was mediocre at best. he is a uga grad, when things went bad or play calling or something was questioned he would be hung in effigy and braine would go down as the scapegoat. probably some will say well he wasnt given a chance, well why. we all know why it took so many years for the fridge to get a hc job, he was fat and did not project a good image. that is not the problem with mac , he just hasnt impressed anyone before. the reason he is being pushed today, is because he is a nice guy, well so what , many times nice guys finish last. we cannot take a step back.

One major problem with his resume.

He graduated from GEORGIA.

If he did well, seriously doubt he'd stay. U-Gag would gobble him up.

We'd never hear the end of that move from Georgia fans and ::shudder:: the AJC.

As a dawg fan, don't underestimate the the (potential) harm in item #2 above. We absolutely DESTROYED a bball program that was seriously on the rise, with that hire. Not saying that would happen with Mac, just that it is a risk worth considering...

Back