Confirmed: ND to make a deal with ACC. 5 FB games/year, full member in others

You would want a home-and-home, so the change would be every two years. A similar plan that does the same thing and still has a simple championship structure:

4 pods: A, B, C, D. Two pods are combined (AB and CD) to make two 8 team conferences. You play the 7 teams in your conference then 1-2 cross conferences games as "rivalries". Every two years you switch the pod combinations (so AC and BD next). The longest you could go between games is 4 years.

3GT was wanting 7 conference games to appease ND; that was my premise. So, I proposed playing an entire division every year, just rotating home/away each time each division is on the schedule.

For Pod B, Teams 1 and 2 are home games; Teams 3 and 4 are away games. Three years later when you play Pod B again, Teams 1 and 2 are away games; Teams 3 and 4 are home games.

3GT was wanting 7 conference games to appease ND; that was my premise. So, I proposed playing an entire division every year, just rotating home/away each time each division is on the schedule.

For Pod B, Teams 1 and 2 are home games; Teams 3 and 4 are away games. Three years later when you play Pod B again, Teams 1 and 2 are away games; Teams 3 and 4 are home games.

And how do you have a championship game with 4 separate pods?

And how do you have a championship game with 4 separate pods?

This is not going to happen anytime soon, but I would like to see a final four scenario with the four pod champs.

However, under your scenario of two divisions, I would like to see 7 divisional games, no cross-divisional games, then a championship game, similar to pre-interleague play in MLB.

Anyone's guess as to how it will shake out is just speculation at this point anyway.

Back