CONGRATS, LUCIOUS!!!!!

Congrats on a well deserved honor... I surely enjoyed watching you hit people during your career on the Flats

[al cilrado] "Big, Luuuuucius Sanford" [/al ciraldo]

That's awesome! I had the honor of talking with Lucius several times when I worked for the Technique. He was a pretty cool guy, but man did he look scary when he wanted to.

Lucious was, and is awesome, a great ballplayer but even as a young man he was a gentleman, kindly, and well spoken. But do you guys also remember Reggie Wilkes from that same era? VERY underrated player.

Reggie was more flashy but man could he hit! Who did he play for in the pros? the Eagles?

He played with the Eagles from '78-'85 before coming to the Falcons '86-'87.

As a person who saw Lucious play and know him well ... it couldn't have happened to a better football player and person! Congrats Lucious!!!

I remember he and Reggie reaking havoc on opposing offenses! We had some great players in the 70's who went on to the NFL and did well!

MsTA, (uh.....maybe another acronym would be better? ;-)....

I had the op to speak with LS for a moment at RCS this summer (following one of the regional games) and it was fun talking about those teams.

I also asked him if he was ready to get out there and strap it on again. He got a big chuckle out of that......said, "The eyes are still sharp, but I don't think anything else would be willing!", or wtte. ;-)

I had classes with Lucious when I was at Tech. He was a complete gentleman until he got on the football field. He is certainly worthy of this honor.

When Lucius hit them they went down. There was no struggling for extra yardage after Lucius got his meathooks on them.

Back