Corn Elder

That kid's highlight reel was incredible. There are just some guys who look like they are playing at a completely higher level than the people around them, and he is one.

The speed we will have on our team if he commits will be insane. Justin Thomas and Snoddy already have elite speed. Then we have plenty of players who aren't exactly slow. We will find out for sure if you win games with offensive speed.

Elder has said he's not going to commit on NSD. Hope we'll get some good news later this week.

My Auburn insider buddy said we're looking good on Elder - throw some more positive vibes on the fire. He's usually pretty reliable.

Purdue has offered him a basketball scholly

I keep seeing people mention that I've been having a hard time figuring out how that's relevant. If he really wants to play both football and basketball I don't see any difference between that and coming to GT (or anywhere else) on a football scholarship with also a "preferred walk on" spot on the basketball team.

Though I guess it's more of a guarantee he'll really be a part of the basketball team, the sport he apparently likes more, rather than CPJ's method of making sure he gets his grades up before playing basketball.

FWIW, ESPN Insider shows Elder going to GT..........

The same insider had him going to Vandy a few days ago which apparently he has no interest in.

It'll be interesting to see how many schools will keep a spot open for him after signing day. Of course he could wait it out until basketball signing day with the Purdue offer now

The same insider had him going to Vandy a few days ago which apparently he has no interest in.

It'll be interesting to see how many schools will keep a spot open for him after signing day. Of course he could wait it out until basketball signing day with the Purdue offer now

Not sure why that matters. Basketball scholly only applies if he doesn't play football. And there's no rule that says you have to sign on signing day. Plenty of recruits wait longer - you just have to make sure there are still spots at the schools you want. In this case, football scholarships.

Looks like we'll probably have a spot for him regardless?

:bowrofl:
pjcornholio1threatening.jpg

Here's a video interview:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130204/SPORTS07/302040056/Corn-Elder-says-he-won-t-sign-week

The tldw:

He's got offers from Purdue for Basketball and from tOSU for football.

For Both:
GT, ... Auburn, Vandy, UCLA (he puts them at the same level, but it sounds like we lead)

Right now he doesn't want to give up either sport, and that's the reason for the delay as he sorts that out. It sounds tom like if he gives up one of the sports than his choice would be likely tOSU or Purdue, if not than it sounds like we lead among teams wanting him for both. TN and Memphis are also both talking to him about just basketball.

Here's a video interview:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130204/SPORTS07/302040056/Corn-Elder-says-he-won-t-sign-week

The tldw:

He's got offers from Purdue for Basketball and from tOSU for football.

For Both:
GT, ... Auburn, Vandy, UCLA (he puts them at the same level, but it sounds like we lead)

Right now he doesn't want to give up either sport, and that's the reason for the delay as he sorts that out. It sounds tom like if he gives up one of the sports than his choice would be likely tOSU or Purdue, if not than it sounds like we lead among teams wanting him for both. TN and Memphis are also both talking to him about just basketball.

Why wouldn't he be able to play both football and basketball at OSU and Purdue?

Why wouldn't he be able to play both football and basketball at OSU and Purdue?

OSU: he could because he would of be using a Football scholarship any way

Purdue: he wouldn't be able to unless they claim him as a football scholarship recipient

??? Have they not seen his tape? This guy is top-notch football talent.

tOSU wants him football only. Purdue has verbals from 22 already and may be out of football scholarships.

I think he commits to GT by the end of weekend. His visit went too well, plus his host was VAD (+20000 Recruiting Points).

He can't go wrong if he picks us. Football doesn't work out, he's got an ACC basketball team that needs a PG. Basketball doesn't work out, he's got a BCS AQ football team. Sports don't work out at all, top-tier academics. New basketball arena, run-heavy offense, etc. We're the logical choice.

Back