Corn Elder

GT1992

Dodd-Like
He can't go wrong if he picks us. Football doesn't work out, he's got an ACC basketball team that needs a PG. Basketball doesn't work out, he's got a BCS AQ football team. Sports don't work out at all, top-tier academics. New basketball arena, run-heavy offense, etc. We're the logical choice.
Why do we need another point guard? We will have a Soph and a RS Fr next year. He'd probably only be depth stuck on the bench. He'll be playing football through the first part of the season when roles are defined and the team gels.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
Why do we need another point guard? We will have a Soph and a RS Fr next year. He'd probably only be depth stuck on the bench. He'll be playing football through the first part of the season when roles are defined and the team gels.
Neither of our PGs are known quantities. Poole has a ways to go and Heyward hasn't even seen the court. Both of them are under 6' too, so that makes them less likely to be successful. (Yes, I know Elder is under 6' but it just means we need more PGs to expect success.)

KG01

Dodd-Like
We definitely need another PG. The RS Fr will be coming off a second knee ligament tear.

We all want him to come back 100%, but it's no guarantee ... unless he gets his hands on some of that HGH Adrian Petersen was on. :cool:

aeromech

Dodd-Like
When is the last time we had a basketball player (PG or otherwise) who was 5-10 or shorter? I'm just curious. Spud Webb was shorter so it's not like it's not possible particularly when the guy is as quick as this guy is.

johncu

Dodd-Like
When is the last time we had a basketball player (PG or otherwise) who was 5-10 or shorter? I'm just curious. Spud Webb was shorter so it's not like it's not possible particularly when the guy is as quick as this guy is.
Will Bynum was not much taller than 5'10, if at all. I stood beside him once, and we were almost exactly the same height. I'm right at 5'10.

F

flushed 01

How tall was TJ Vines

Legal Jacket

Dodd-Like
The answer is always "yes" in the ACC. Gotta have more point guard.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Will Bynum was not much taller than 5'10, if at all. I stood beside him once, and we were almost exactly the same height. I'm right at 5'10.
I had a class with him and I would guess him at 5'-9". I was a solid 3 or 4 inches taller.

slugboy

Flats Noob
The answer is always "yes" in the ACC. Gotta have more point guard.
Agree wholeheartedly. I'd rather have two point guards and no shooting guards on the court than two shooting guards and no point guards. I watched too many years of passes aimed at ankles.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
He can't go wrong if he picks us. Football doesn't work out, he's got an ACC basketball team that needs a PG. Basketball doesn't work out, he's got a BCS AQ football team. Sports don't work out at all, top-tier academics. New basketball arena, run-heavy offense, etc. We're the logical choice.
Logic and 18-year-old males does not compute.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
We definitely need another PG. The RS Fr will be coming off a second knee ligament tear.

We all want him to come back 100%, but it's no guarantee ... unless he gets his hands on some of that HGH Adrian Petersen was on. :cool:
Then don't we need another point guard that is with the team all season? I get that a third for depth is needed, but someone who won't be able to practice until January and is an injury risk from football doesn't seem to be the best way to address that need.

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
i remember CJ Williams joining the hoops team his senior year after football. he had some serious ups.

oleary would not let him play during his FB eligibility - i guess he thought getting hurt for resume fodder was not worth it

KG01

Dodd-Like
Then don't we need another point guard that is with the team all season? I get that a third for depth is needed, but someone who won't be able to practice until January and is an injury risk from football doesn't seem to be the best way to address that need.
True. We need a 2013 guard though and the other targets we had seem to have moved on from GT.

Getting a kid Elder's caliber without having to give up a scholarship is a good situation IMHO.

I won't lie though, I wish we could land a full-time guard though.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
i remember CJ Williams joining the hoops team his senior year after football. he had some serious ups.

oleary would not let him play during his FB eligibility - i guess he thought getting hurt for resume fodder was not worth it

He really didn't get very many meaningful minutes. I could see it with a big guy like Julius Peppers, but it is really difficult to join the team midway through the season and mesh with the other players as a point guard. He's better than nothing, but just.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Peppers was a tailback (yes, a tailback) in high school - at 6-7, 240. His freshman year at UNC was the year I lived and worked in the Tar Hole state. He was actually a pretty good kid and by far the best athlete on the UNC hoops team. Don't know how they made it to the Final Four that year.

GruffyMcGuiness

We Dedrick
FSU is coming in hot on him now. Deciding on the 20th and releasing his final 4 this weekend