Corn Elder

Sounds like a hat kid and prima donna. Won't make it at Tech.

Go Jackets!

Seems a bit extreme. I don't have any inside information, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's waiting for a test grade or something like that. He really doesn't come off to me as a prima donna based on his video interview but as a thoughtful kid who's taking his time making his decision.

Haven't been following. Any particular reason why he didn't sign yesterday?

Haven't been following. Any particular reason why he didn't sign yesterday?

His stated reasoning was that he was sorting out whether he should give up on either football or basketball or try to play both.

Seems a bit extreme. I don't have any inside information, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's waiting for a test grade or something like that. He really doesn't come off to me as a prima donna based on his video interview but as a thoughtful kid who's taking his time making his decision.

He's said all along that he'd rather play just bball.

Again, no inside info, but I've gotten the impression that he'll go wherever the best prospects for his bball career are. If I had to guess I'd say he'll play football as long as he has to, not because he wants to. JMHO

The delay in signing is to see if any more bball-only offers come. He's got Purdue so far.

Sounds like a hat kid and prima donna. Won't make it at Tech.

Go Jackets!

On the contrary. Sounds like he's taking advantage of the extra days allowed so that he can weigh his options. He is still deciding which sport(s) to play.

Smart on his part, IMO.

Final four will probably be tOSU UCLA us and Auburn. I think he ends up here. Unless he REALLY just wants to play basketball where Purdue is offereing only hoops

He's said all along that he'd rather play just bball.

Again, no inside info, but I've gotten the impression that he'll go wherever the best prospects for his bball career are. If I had to guess I'd say he'll play football as long as he has to, not because he wants to. JMHO

The delay in signing is to see if any more bball-only offers come. He's got Purdue so far.

My statement was based on what I heard him say in a video interview from this week.

HS basketball has been playing throughout the lead up to football NSD. I think he said in the interview that he had a game the day before his visit to GT. Once the BB season is over, he'll have a clear idea of what BB offers are available to him. He's probably holding out for something more appealing than Purdue.

not a "hat kid" at all; Tech fans are so daggum judgmental about everything. just wait and see sometimes instead of "proving yourself right" all the time

gets so old and annoying, like a crazy grandpa

Vad still trying to sell Corn:

Vad Lee ‏@_VL2
Just got threw hooping the whole team up at the CRC. I bet if I had @AIR_CORN23 on my team it would have been much easier

Vad Lee ‏@_VL2
Just got threw hooping the whole team up at the CRC. I bet if I had @AIR_CORN23 on my team it would have been much easier

I am really liking VL.....

Vad Lee ‏@_VL2

Idiot doesn't know the difference between through and threw.

Hypothetically, if a player had a national merit scholarship, would they have to take the football scholarship? Or could they play as a preferred walk-on?

I am really liking VL.....

The guy is a legit leader. He has player support, he has fan support, and he has ability that we haven't had since I've been a fan. He's one of those players like Roddy that you can't help but like. If we land Corn, it'll be as much because of VL as anything.

Back