Could somebody tell us out-of-towners about the new stadium ?

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
--- Was it louder than before ?
--- Were the Auburn fans loud from that north deck?

--- How did the north area look from outside the stadium ?

--- Any other info on the new stadium ? (anything!)

I gotta wait till Clem's son to get there !

anybody ?

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
--- Was it louder than before ?

YES

--- Were the Auburn fans loud from that north deck?

Fairly loud early...fairly quiet late.
wink.gif

--- How did the north area look from outside the stadium ?

Looks very nice..except they left some power lines up that look awful.
confused.gif

--- Any other info on the new stadium ? (anything!)

We need more Tech fans in the stadium...the entire upper north was awBARN fans.
shocked.gif

I gotta wait till Clem's son to get there !

Just remember...klimpsum sucks....it is apparently a tradition.
tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

To sum it all up - AWESOME!

the view from outside the North is classy to say the least. It just looks first class all hte way. the north stands tower to the heavens & from where I sit in the east is is also awesome. I kept looking o'er during the game & just smiling.

Auburn fans were not loud from the North b/c we kept them out of the game. They had good numbers, but nothing to cheer about - props to Chan & co. We are in a different situation than most schools obviously being in ATL, but we kept them out of it.

Other than that, it did appear to be loud as can be. I am last row in the east so tough to tell, but it had to be loud.

Get to some games this fall & you will appreciate it thoroughly. I live in Tallahassee & come to every one of em. We need that support.

GO JACKETS!
blue.gif

Since all of the visiting fans are relegated to the Upper North and with the UGAg, Clemson, and Auburn fans coming to see visit this year, we need to dub the Upper North as the "shallow end of the gene pool".

BBR

Originally posted by Big Bubba Ray:
[QB]Since all of the visiting fans are relegated to the Upper North and with the UGAg, Clemson, and Auburn fans coming to see visit this year, we need to dub the Upper North as the "shallow end of the gene pool".

---------------------------------

Great idea !!!! I love it - !
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

The only problem with the new stadium is that an entire goalpost assembly won't fit through ANY of the gates.....

What an awesome way to break in a new stadium!

Go Jackets!

Actually there were groups of AU fans all over the stadium inluding lower East and upper west besides the WHOLE north upper.That -btw- is an awesome structure.From below it looks to cover the sky at that end.
The AU fans were loud at first and deathly quiet late.Too bad.

Beeware: Absolutely, re: the power lines. Could not figure if there was no forethought, no aggressiveness on Tech's part, or just stupidity!!!! Even this ignorant, C+ Liberal arts guy could have helped them here.
smile.gif

My seats the last two years were 4 rows behind the Tech bench just to the inside of the offense chairs. (35 yeard line south). This year I am in row 6 on the 25 yard line north, directly behind the defense chairs.

It was never as loud as this past Saturday, and I do not remember it being that loud ever since my freshman year in 77.

The video tapes clearly show that "sold out" BDS had bunches of empty chair seats. That is a mess, no doubt about it; it just penalized the younger (poorer), more aggressive fans.
The one positive from pushing all the hard core younger fans from the east to the west was the west crowd was definitely more into it. Those of us around the defense let them know how great they did every time they came off the field.

I did get an invite before the game into one of the boxes in the east. They are really great. I much prefer being nearer the action and in the crowd though.

To be honest, I never even heard the Auburn masses in any meaningful way (except their band, of course). I have no way of knowing what it was like in the middle of the field. With Tech basically covering the bottom and centers of the upper deck, it will be difficult to make enough noise to matter even with numbers in the upper north.

I must say the number of Tech season ticket holders who let bunches of Auburn people sit there between the 25s in the west makes my blood boil! I know there was not a single seat available in those sections when my turn came to get season tickets assigned. I can understand taking a single friend, but I had 6 Auburn fans in a row in front of me and 4 seats two rows behind me. Everyone, both Tech and Auburn fans were great, but it steams me. I just do not sell to scalpers or the enemy ever.

Back