Couple of observations

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
1. JT was just not JT today. He has had very few days like today. Would expect he will not have many more.
2. We burned four of our six timeouts because the play clock was running out. I saw JT looking to the sideline a lot more today than I have seen in the past.
3. We had a touchdown called back that would have put the game at 16-14 with a holding call. Don't know if that changes the outcome of the game, but it sure didn't help.
4. I think some of our players were blinded by the big stage today.
5. Our D kept us in the game, but when you don't get any help from offense it makes it difficult.
6. Third down conversion was like 2 out 13 or something like that. Last year we were almost automatic.
7. Notre Dame defense is pretty öööö good. They played almost perfect assignment football today which is how you defend the 3O.
8. We have to rebound and come out strong against Duke next week. Nothing has been lost today except one game.

all4tech

Damn Good Rat
I think the big stage probably did affect some of the guys. This should be a learning experience and I hope the guys respond by taking care of business next week.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
I thought the holding call on Errin Joe that wiped out JT's TD was shaky at best. Am I wrong? Was it a legit call?

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
I'm tired of having the team get to the line with like 12 sec on the play clock and then look around and audible with 2 sec left. It happened too many times today. Seemed like it took forever for the team to get the play in, get set, audible, and then snap.

gtnc72

Dodd-Like
1. JT was just not JT today. He has had very few days like today. Would expect he will not have many more.
2. We burned four of our six timeouts because the play clock was running out. I saw JT looking to the sideline a lot more today than I have seen in the past.
3. We had a touchdown called back that would have put the game at 16-14 with a holding call. Don't know if that changes the outcome of the game, but it sure didn't help.
5. Our D kept us in the game, but when you don't get any help from offense it makes it difficult.
6. Third down conversion was like 2 out 13 or something like that. Last year we were almost automatic.
7. Notre Dame defense is pretty öööö good. They played almost perfect assignment football today which is how you defend the 3O.
8. We have to rebound and come out strong against Duke next week. Nothing has been lost today except one game.
+1. We also missed 6 points on FGs. Don't know how the end would have played out, but the 13 points from the TD recall and FGs would have likely changed a lot.

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
I'm tired of having the team get to the line with like 12 sec on the play clock and then look around and audible with 2 sec left. It happened too many times today. Seemed like it took forever for the team to get the play in, get set, audible, and then snap.
Today was the first time I noticed it being that bad. Usually we are very seldom in that situation. I don't if CPJ was looking for something based on alignment or what, but we really struggled with the play clock today.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
Read what I said days ago.
http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84946&page=7

We lost up front. Say hi to John.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Mover2, agree with about everything you said in your OP. We're good on third downs when it's not 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 9 all day long. And it was third and pocketful of change all day long.

ND's front 7 is legit. The troubling thing is we couldn't take advantage of man coverage, though JT was under some heat today when he tried to throw. B back in the flat was great late. Wonder if it was there earlier in the game, too.

I thought the D played well for the most part. Jabari was a half step from closing the hole on Prosise's long TD run but a pulling lineman got him in the shoulder and he never finished sealing it. It looked like we had decent pressure on Kizer with the front four but never could really bring him down. He did a good job of getting rid of the ball when the pocket and protection broke down.

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
Mover2, agree with about everything you said in your OP. We're good on third downs when it's not 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 9 all day long. And it was third and pocketful of change all day long.

ND's front 7 is legit. The troubling thing is we couldn't take advantage of man coverage, though JT was under some heat today when he tried to throw. B back in the flat was great late. Wonder if it was there earlier in the game, too.

I thought the D played well for the most part. Jabari was a half step from closing the hole on Prosise's long TD run but a pulling lineman got him in the shoulder and he never finished sealing it. It looked like we had decent pressure on Kizer with the front four but never could really bring him down. He did a good job of getting rid of the ball when the pocket and protection broke down.

+1

JWilly

Fairways and greens
Anyone notice all the checks JT was making? i think he was confused and thats coaching. Paul in these grudge matches vs other coaches hasn't turned out to well for us besides Randy Edsall. All in all, we are much better than this. Conference game next week, get better, tighten up and beat the öööö outta dookies.