CPJ article on USAToday

MSCI99

Varsity Lurker
stuff we already know..but nice to see it get some national spotlight. also..always helps to remind ourselves we were 3-0 vs the SEC (L)East in 2016.

http://usat.ly/2peDQyq

those who have judged his program harshly against a rival in Athens that has a bigger fan base, more financial resources and richer tradition.

giphy.gif

(the shared national title in 1990 under Bobby Ross remains one of the biggest outliers in college football history)

When you lose a three-year starter, you lose a ton of experience and he wasn’t going to get rattled,” Johnson said. “He’d kind of seen it all.

It was almost like the ACC in basketball this year. They all get ranked in the top 15 and then when they beat each other they don’t ever drop. Then you get to the tournament and you don’t do so well and you start thinking maybe they were overhyped.

Proof positive, CPJ reads StingTalk.

I guess the other three were not outliers? What does this even mean

outlier: a person or thing differing from all other members of a particular group or set.

We were ranked 1 time in 20 years before 1990, and were not ranked for another 8 years after. That's an outlier.

The fact that we had won other NCs in the 50s and earlier has no bearing on it.

If we were ranked every year surrounding 1990 it would not really be an outlier.

outlier: a person or thing differing from all other members of a particular group or set.

We were ranked 1 time in 20 years before 1990, and were not ranked for another 8 years after. That's an outlier.

If we were ranked every year surrounding 1990 it would not really be an outlier.
Man, you must be really popular at parties, huh?

Still don't see it as more of an outlier than most teams that win mnc

I mean was Colorado dominating every year in the 90s?

Still don't see it as more of an outlier than most teams that win mnc

I mean was Colorado dominating every year in the 90s?

Is anyone talking about Colorado right now?

Sure, their season was an outlier as well I suppose. I haven't looked at their rankings on either side of 1990.

Is anyone talking about Colorado right now?

Sure, their season was an outlier as well I suppose. I haven't looked at their rankings on either side of 1990.

Here are Colorado's rankings:

1989 - 4th
1990 - 2nd :biggrin:
1991 - 20th
1992 - 13th
1993 - 16th
1994 - 3rd
1995 - 4th
1996 - 8th
2001 - 9th
2002 - 20th

So I would say that there season was not really an outlier.

Yup, definitely a party pooper.

I'm just not an emotional hand-wringer like a lot of you guys. Facts don't bother me. The 1990 season being called an outlier doesn't bother me. Especially since it is 10 years more recent than the gaggers MNC.

I'm just not an emotional hand-wringer like a lot of you guys. Facts don't bother me. The 1990 season being called an outlier doesn't bother me. Especially since it is 10 years more recent than the gaggers MNC.
Doesn't bother me either. But that doesn't mean you're not being a party-pooper.

Back