CPJ has one year Wanted UT job

mookie43

Helluva Engineer
The attorney for Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnsonreached out via text message to then-Tennessee athletic director John Currie, according to Currie's phone records.

Here is what Jack Reale texted to Currie at 10:52 p.m. on Nov. 30, the night before Currie was suspended by Tennessee Chancellor Beverly Davenport: "Mr. Currie I represent Paul Johnson of Ga Tech. He has interest in your HC position. I can be reached at (redacted). Best Regards Jack Reale."

Before I get too carried away, I will point out that this took place right before CPJ negotiated a new contract.

It is standard business practice to send out feelers during contract negotiations to use as leverage. Its probably a good thing Currie was booted or else that conversation might have resulted in either losing our coach or at a minimum, a more expensive renewal.

I have to wonder also, who else Reale reached out to.

The attorney for Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnsonreached out via text message to then-Tennessee athletic director John Currie, according to Currie's phone records.

Here is what Jack Reale texted to Currie at 10:52 p.m. on Nov. 30, the night before Currie was suspended by Tennessee Chancellor Beverly Davenport: "Mr. Currie I represent Paul Johnson of Ga Tech. He has interest in your HC position. I can be reached at (redacted). Best Regards Jack Reale."

I think he knows his days at GT are numbered

This is not good. Now he's got some explaining to do. Wonder what his assistant coaches and players are thinking.

Bye bitch
21b.jpg

We finally have some defensive recruiting success and NOW you want to cut one of the better offensive minds in the country loose?

Back