CPJ has turned into CCG

rain

Dodd-Like
Wtf are you talking about?
sticking with a QB that repeatedly fails at clutch time.
Though no one - NO ONE - can fault his effort. He gave it his all, but he just doesn't have that much talent.

GT90

Damn Good Rat
I agree. Fortunately for CPJ, Tevin doesn't have another year of eligibility

hdtvfan

Dodd-Like
I never saw it coming. :squint:
Defense finally gives a great second half effort and chance to win the championship game and the friggin' O cannot do crap in the red zone.

Why do the following things always happen when we get a chance to do something to make this miserable season end on a better note:

We cannot do crap in the red zone most of the game

Finch goes out hurt late and we get crappy snaps

TW is in the game when we HAVE to pass, the result is always a Failure in those pressure situations and this happens over and over again with this QB but by golly CPJ keeps trotting him out there

We have our 2 game year end loss streak setting us up nicely for another likely bowl loss

This sh*t has got to change

hdtvfan

Dodd-Like
I agree. Fortunately for CPJ, Tevin doesn't have another year of eligibility
What has given CPJ the conviction that TW can deliver when the game is on the line since that has never proven to work?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
CPJ is even worse....more potential on the bench than CCG

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
TW has ends every loss with an INT, seemingly.
VPI 2 minute drive - 2010 - pick
Air Force 2 minute drive - 2010 - pick
UGA 2 min drive -2010 - pick
Utah 2 minute drive - missed FG
VPI 2 min drive -TD!!! - defense ----s up, then Tevin ---- up in OT
Miami OT - Tevin goes ROGUE
FSU 2 min drive - little girl float pass
Lots of other bad throws over the 2.5 seasons.

The kid works hard, but I'm glad he's done.

TechRush

Dodd-Like
VPI 2 minute drive - 2010 - pick
Air Force 2 minute drive - 2010 - pick
UGA 2 min drive -2010 - pick
Utah 2 minute drive - missed FG
VPI 2 min drive -TD!!! - defense ----s up, then Tevin ---- up in OT
Miami OT - Tevin goes ROGUE
FSU 2 min drive - little girl float pass
Lots of other bad throws over the 2.5 seasons.

The kid works hard, but I'm glad he's done.

He is not done yet, he has one more ----ing game :bigcry:

floridajacket

The Real DB Cooper
Am I the only one that actually watches Vad plays instead of what message board posters say about him? Yes, he has a lot more talent and explosiveness than TW, but that doesn't necessarily equal a better chance to win.

If you want to play VL because of the future, then that's fine with me. The production of the two QB's in general has been pretty much a wash though. At least CPJ plays the backup and stuck with him when he was hot. CCG NEVER played Taylor even when Reggie was doing absolutely horrible, and CCG's offense wasn't schematically complicated like CPJ's.

GT90

Damn Good Rat
Am I the only one that actually watches Vad plays instead of what message board posters say about him? Yes, he has a lot more talent and explosiveness than TW, but that doesn't necessarily equal a better chance to win.
I wish we had given him seven of our thirteen chances this year.

WreckRod

Dodd-Like
To be fair, Vad has terrible happy feet in the pocket and wants to do too much right now. He's pressing and trying to hard. Vad would've thrown a pick just like Tevin, only his would have been into a guy triple covered further down the field.

My biggest question is how many times do we have to have the ball last and need to drive the length of the field in 2:00 before CPJ realizes we need a better 2 min drill? C'mon coach, is there some reason you HAVE to run the plays in and huddle? The whole offense looks like it's trying to play left handed when we go to our wannabe hurry up.

nathogt

Varsity Lurker
CCG NEVER played Taylor even when Reggie was doing absolutely horrible, and CCG's offense wasn't schematically complicated like CPJ's.
Honest question, is our offense really schematically complicated compared to a pro-style offense? I assumed that it is more of a read and react after the snap sort of deal than a pro-style set where I'd assume you read before the snap.

floridajacket

The Real DB Cooper
I wish we had given him seven of our thirteen chances this year.
All this aspirational talk that VL could maybe, possibly, perhaps have done better than TW. But as far as winning, the points per possession is everything. CPJ did what he could to play VL, but against very good defenses, we needed to go deeper in the scheme to get yards and points.

TechRush

Dodd-Like

If you want to play VL because of the future, then that's fine with me. The production of the two QB's in general has been pretty much a wash though. At least CPJ plays the backup and stuck with him when he was hot. CCG NEVER played Taylor even when Reggie was doing absolutely horrible, and CCG's offense wasn't schematically complicated like CPJ's.
If satan came to you and said that you were going to hell unless you could pick a QB that has to score a TD by throwing the ball only and he will be throwing the ball in obvious passing situations and he gave you the choice of Vad Lee and Tevin Washington which would you pick?

floridajacket

The Real DB Cooper
Honest question, is our offense really schematically complicated compared to a pro-style offense? I assumed that it is more of a read and react after the snap sort of deal than a pro-style set where I'd assume you read before the snap.
It depends on the kind of Pro offense or the kind of option offense. If you compared, say, Jon Gruden's offense to a 3A school's Wing-T, Gruden's offense is obviously far more complex.

But in my uninformed opinion, I do think CPJ's offense is a good bit more complicated than CCG's. CPJ also said specifically that in the UNC game, he could have done much more with Tevin than he could with Vad and exploited some holes in UNC's defense.

MCRP09

Managed Democracy Appreciator
If satan came to you and said that you were going to hell unless you could pick a QB that has to score a TD by throwing the ball only and he will be throwing the ball in obvious passing situations and he gave you the choice of Vad Lee and Tevin Washington which would you pick?
LOL I'd probably cut to the chase, put on some Celtic Frost and learn to accept my forthcoming eternal damnation