CPJ Hire Reaction

justafan

college sports doomer
Seems that Cutcliffe would've been a great hire too. Johnson a better personality though. Hopefully we're again torn between good options

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Cutcliff wasn’t on our radar in 08. Of I recall it was CPJ, Muschamp, and Neuheisel. The other two flamed out spectacularly.

Respect the Wreck

Ridin Dirty
I was not a GT fan until I started freshman undergrad in fall '08, same year as CPJ. So I didn't know much about him at the time, but seemed like the campus was cool with him. The wins obviously helped.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I think it was generally positive. A handful of posters against, but most were somewhere between cool with it and over the moon. It really wasn't until a few years in that a vocal and persistent anti-CPJ contingent fully emerged.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I think it was generally positive. A handful of posters against, but most were somewhere between cool with it and over the moon. It really wasn't until a few years in that a vocal and persistent anti-CPJ contingent fully emerged.
Yeah I remember speaking against CPJ was a bannable offense on stingtalk until 2015