Curtis Ryans in the portal

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
6-5; 265 is not what we want at the end of the day.
I never really paid much attention to ht/wt until my 13 year old son started playing football five years ago and now dreams of being a D-1 football player. 6-5 @265 sounds like a light weight on the DL but my mind is boggled by the amazing winners of the genetic lottery all of these players are, even lightly regarded reserves like Curtis Ryans. You really have to win the genetic lottery to play D-1 ball. I told my son he should keep training and practicing hard but we have no control over how high his final height will be. Right now he's a rock-solid 5'8 @190 lbs in 8th grade but its hard to imagine him getting beyond 6'2. His natural position is DT/NT so we will be marginally close to the minimum requirements for the interior line. I wish he could get to 6'5 but damn my DNA. Just some perspective on how special these athletes are at this level.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I never really paid much attention to ht/wt until my 13 year old son started playing football five years ago and now dreams of being a D-1 football player. 6-5 @265 sounds like a light weight on the DL but my mind is boggled by the amazing winners of the genetic lottery all of these players are, even lightly regarded reserves like Curtis Ryans. You really have to win the genetic lottery to play D-1 ball. I told my son he should keep training and practicing hard but we have no control over how high his final height will be. Right now he's a rock-solid 5'8 @190 lbs in 8th grade but its hard to imagine him getting beyond 6'2. His natural position is DT/NT so we will be marginally close to the minimum requirements for the interior line. I wish he could get to 6'5 but damn my DNA. Just some perspective on how special these athletes are at this level.
We had a talk with my daughter when she wanted to join the gymnastics team. I said we would support her, but she had to look at the team moms and compare them to her mom. She opted for soccer instead.

Now, also in eighth grade, she is 5’11” which is just a hair taller than most gymnasts.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
You never know.I was 5'7' in the 8th grade and 6' 4" when I graduated from high school.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Damn, he had a ton of potential. I wonder if GT academics just isn't for him.
Wouldn't be the first guy who just couldn't cut the academics. I feel for guys like that, who seemed to want to be here but just weren't up to the academic rigors.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
We had a talk with my daughter when she wanted to join the gymnastics team. I said we would support her, but she had to look at the team moms and compare them to her mom. She opted for soccer instead.

Now, also in eighth grade, she is 5’11” which is just a hair taller than most gymnasts.
Pics of moms?