dang dawgs...

G

Geetee

our current govenor, our ex-governor, our US senator, Tex-ex US Sen Phil Graham, and I'm sure a host of others currently in office that are all Ugag grads. Someone help me out here with an office discussion...what current politicians are GT grads?

But our current Governor's son used to be a GT football manager.

Phil Gringy who is in the House of Reps. for GAs's 11th district is a Tech grad. BS in chemistry.

Max Burns is the rep for the 12th district. BS in IE.

Actually I believe Athens falls one of these districts.

The problem is that very large chunk of politicians, especially on a national level, are lawyers. While we have a few who graduate from Tech and become lawyers, doctors, etc, most are still engineers.

time for the lawyer jokes!

Didn't Purdue get a vetenarian's degree from the Ugag?

Originally posted by GeeTee:
what are his ties? did he attend GT?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">From Nunn's bio in the INTA site, it says "Raised in the small town of Perry in middle Georgia, he attended Georgia Tech, Emory University and Emory Law School, where he graduated with honors in 1962."

So I don't know if he graduated, but he at least he attended Tech at some point.

Jimmy Carter attended Georgia Southwestern College and the Georgia Institute of Technology before receiving his B.S. degree from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1946.

can we move this to the off topic board? nothing to do with football

Didn't know Max Burns was a Tech grad. He beat Barbara Dooley in the Republican primary. Nice little irony for a Friday afternoon.

Sam Nunn was a guard on the GT freshman basketball team in 1956, along with a friend of mine. I do not know if he was on scholarship or not - probably not. I believe he transferred to Emory after his freshman year, whether because he had decided he wanted to be a lawyer or because he knew he would not make the varsity basketball team, I do not know either.

Perry High where Nunn had played in high school had terrific basketball teams back in the '50's and frequently would come to Atlanta and beat higher classifcication teams here in the city in preseason tournaments. However, Buddy Blemker and Terry Randall were the starting guards for the GT varsity in 1957 and Roger Kaiser and current Braves coach Bobby Dews were the starting guards on the freshman team. Nunn had a lot of talent ahead of him and that could have had something to do with him decision to tranfer to Emory.

very interesting...especially about Nunn and Burns. thanks for the fodder.
drinking.gif

Originally posted by GTwig63:
Sam Nunn was a guard on the GT freshman basketball team in 1956, along with a friend of mine. I do not know if he was on scholarship or not - probably not. I believe he transferred to Emory after his freshman year, whether because he had decided he wanted to be a lawyer or because he knew he would not make the varsity basketball team, I do not know either.

Perry High where Nunn had played in high school had terrific basketball teams back in the '50's and frequently would come to Atlanta and beat higher classifcication teams here in the city in preseason tournaments. However, Buddy Blemker and Terry Randall were the starting guards for the GT varsity in 1957 and Roger Kaiser and current Braves coach Bobby Dews were the starting guards on the freshman team. Nunn had a lot of talent ahead of him and that could have had something to do with him decision to tranfer to Emory.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sam Nunn transferred to Emory because 1. he couldnt pass mechanical drawing 2. enjoyed working with words and sentences more than numbers.

He spoke at the Graduation of most of my class mates Spring 2000 I beleive.

Back