Dave Glenn: ACC voting on Louisville on 7am conf call **

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
To me it's more about the lack of leadership and waffling on the issue of Academics that is concerning.

The B1G is a more focused, stable, and well-managed conference imo.

I wouldn't necessarily mind adding Louisville, Cincy, and UCONN. So long as the alignment is done right.

(GT, FSU, Clemson, UNC, UVA, NC State, Duke, Wake and VPI, Pitt, Cuse, BC, Louisville, Cincy, Miami, UConn)

I think you could just have 7 conference games in 2 8-team divisions and let the champs play each other. That would give plenty of flexibility for OOC to continue rivalries (even within conference that don't count as conference games), drum up interest and high profile matchups for the ACC and for the Notre Dame allowance.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
The ACC is a joke right now - even in the academic arena. UNC is under investigation. Da U is under investigation. Tech had flunk gate and the mess with D. Thomas. Duke had the lacrosse rape scandal. I'm sure I'm missing a few. My point is it's time to get off the high horse and stop pretending the ACC is above adding schools like UL.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Another mediocre team to take part in the ACC. With all this going on, I kind of hope we go to the B1G. Academically, we belong there. Location wise- we don't.

GTland03

Jolly Good Fellow
UL is the best free agent on the market right now and you people need to get a grip.

Football is solid. Basketball is elite and Baseball is solid as well. They are pouring tons of $ into their facilities and have made tremedous strides in improving the academics.

GTJackets530

Damn Good Rat
Another mediocre team to take part in the ACC. With all this going on, I kind of hope we go to the B1G. Academically, we belong there. Location wise- we don't.
Who would you have liked to add? This was the best option, even though Louisville is basically a middle school.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
UL is the best free agent on the market right now and you people need to get a grip.

Football is solid. Basketball is elite and Baseball is solid as well. They are pouring tons of $ into their facilities and have made tremedous strides in improving the academics.
This.

To everyone out there bitching, who else was a viable addition? If you say Navy or Penn State, you are a moron.

The last few additions were about academics and overall fit. This is more about survival.

It is what it is.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Let me list other schools I would prefer to Louisville

UCF
USF
Tulane
Temple
UConn
BYU
Navy
Army
SC St
FL A&M
Anyone not named Cincy

GATechAE07

Dodd-Like
Let me list other schools I would prefer to Louisville

UCF
USF
Tulane
Temple
UConn
BYU
Navy
Army
SC St
FL A&M
Anyone not named Cincy
You're going to be in a world of hurt when more teams leave the ACC... Unless it's us, then who gives a ---- when they add Cincy.