Dave Wannstedt must smoke crack

Chan is very well respected throughout professional football coaching circles; it’s baffling to me that some of our fans make him out to be some sort of idiot while immortalizing Paul Johnson as a godlike football mind. Both had pros and cons, and Their win overall percentages were essentially the same.

Chan is very well respected throughout professional football coaching circles; it’s baffling to me that some of our fans make him out to be some sort of idiot while immortalizing Paul Johnson as a godlike football mind. Both had pros and cons, and Their win overall percentages were essentially the same.
It was the “one of the best” that got me. If that were true, we wouldn’t have lost to WF in the ACCCG with Megatron on the field. The offenses here during his time were mediocre at best.

It's called clean old fashioned hate dillweed

1595414970192.gif

He’s an offensive-minded coach, yet we never put a consistently good offense on the field. What I saw was very unimaginative, eventhough in hindsight we had a lot of talent. The win 7 games no matter what had really gotten old by the end...

Chan could never recruit to run his offense. Reggie was a fine college QB, but was not accurate. Chan’s offense needed a game manager, which Reggie definitely was not.

Chan’s run game was outstanding. Emmitt Smith said he was probably the best run game offensive mind he played for.

You don’t make millions of dollars as an NFL OC by sucking. Not over the span Chan has coached.

I was a FOCcer in this board. Chan was initially hampered by flunkgate. He was hard headed about getting a good OC in here. Maybe it was just a money issue. Nix was horrible.
Otherwise, we did well recruiting and kept Calvin Johnson from going to the cesspool. We had wins with Vance Walker, Phillip Wheeler, Tashard Choice, PJ Daniels and a bunch of other players that would be starting for us now.
Never could close on a QB. I thought Threet was the answer, finally. Maybe he would have been. His career turned journeyman after making the mistake of leaving for Michigan. He could have been the big arm we needed

Does anyone want to do a comparison of the number of times we were blown out each season, put a trend line to it and compare our coaches? Chan shortened games, played field position, and played to the strengths of our personnel. We upset a team or two a year because of it. We had a terrible record as the favorite, though, probably for the same reasons. He was a better coach than he gets credit for because he never did care that much about beating uga and the team seemed to have a choke artist curse tied to that game the last few years. Not as bad as losing in 2009, though.

Chan could never recruit to run his offense. Reggie was a fine college QB, but was not accurate. Chan’s offense needed a game manager, which Reggie definitely was not.

Chan’s run game was outstanding. Emmitt Smith said he was probably the best run game offensive mind he played for.

You don’t make millions of dollars as an NFL OC by sucking. Not over the span Chan has coached.
Threet would've won us an ACC title.

I spoke to Chan at one of those alumni coaching tours up here in DC way back when. It was crystal clear that he viewed our season like an NFL coach whose fate depended on winning the division and keeping the owner happy. He never "got it" that in college, you have to win your state and keep the fans happy.

Back