Dave Wilson hire (link)

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Thanks law_bee, Wilson sounds very impressive. It might even be an upgrade to David Kelly, although Kelly seemed to be a good one.

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
<hr></blockquote>

thanks AH, but I think you mean Bellyseries I was busy working if you can believe it and Belly scooped us all

dark3.gif

Welcome aboard Coach Wilson. FSU connection is pretty impressive and the best recruiter where he is at. Well that is why D. Kelley was no longer needed it appears that he would work the same region.

One more person minding the fort.
bigthumbup.gif

Pros and Cons on Wilson: his main background is FSU and Miss St which means a LOT of JC recruiting (esp MSU)- that does nothing for us. The positive is Wilson is a native Georgian (I think) and probably knows the state of FL well.
I am convinced that CG knows football (i.e., X's and O's, motivation, etc.)but he may have to go through a learning curve on the special recruiting strategy needed at Tech. I'm not sure an MSU/FSU background is the best training school. BUT, I am NOT negative on CG, I think he'll be successful and I think he's smart enough to learn the recruiting ropes here eventually.

Back