David Pollack

Jacket & Coke

Train Driver
Does anyone actually think this guy has talent? I've never understood the fascination with him as an analyst. Definitely not worthy of being a staple of Gameday. When he gets all wound and trips over his words like a teenage girl I just smh.

THWG

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Does anyone actually think this guy has talent? I've never understood the fascination with him as an analyst. Definitely not worthy of being a staple of Gameday. When he gets all wound and trips over his words like a teenage girl I just smh.

THWG
He seems stoned on air every single time.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
He just sits there and let’s the real talent do all the talking so it could be worse.

Skydog

Eat a Peach

THWG
worthy of being in Gameday not a high threshold anymore

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I like Herbie (may be in the minority there--I'm always surprised when I hear how much a lot of people dislike him), and Desmond Howard at least has a fun personality, even if a bit light on the analytics. Pollack just seems fairly average. I probably wouldn't have a strong dislike for him if he wasn't a dwag, but I'd probably forget his name altogether if that were the case.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I dream of a day where the well-adjusted 99% of us don't have to scroll past retarded threads about UGA every morning.
That is what is great about never living in GA, never hear about them because they aren't a national presence and there are not enough alums around to be obnoxious

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
That is what is great about never living in GA, never hear about them because they aren't a national presence and there are not enough alums around to be obnoxious
This is definitely one of the perks of living outside GA. There's not a great deal of Tech talk here in NC, but there's some just by virtue of us being in the ACC. But no one really cares about UGA.

On a side note, it didn't hit me until I moved here just how tiny Duke's local fan base is. I suppose it should have, given the size of the school, their football stadium, and their student demographics.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
It seems to be a trend of sports shows to put on more and more meatheaded former-player dumbasses. The NFL is the worst about it. Fewer former players would probably be better. Greats like Chris Fowler never played.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
It seems to be a trend of sports shows to put on more and more meatheaded former-player dumbasses. The NFL is the worst about it. Fewer former players would probably be better. Greats like Chris Fowler never played.
As a general rule, hosts and play-by-play guys never played the game. They've been in broadcasting/media from the get-go. The "analyst" roles are usually reserved for the former players and coaches.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
As a general rule, hosts and play-by-play guys never played the game. They've been in broadcasting/media from the get-go. The "analyst" roles are usually reserved for the former players and coaches.
True. Pat Summerall (yes, I'm old) is one the few former players I can recall who became a top flight play-by-play guy (when he was sober).

As for Pollock . . . he sucks. I care not where he played; it's not a hate UGA thing. Fran Tarkenton was a dawg, but he was pretty good on TV. Pollock just so happens to be a dawg that also sucks on TV. So does Jesse Palmer, and he's a gator. Lots of suckitude out there in TV sportsland.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer

THWG
He sucks. Never understood the fascination with him as a player either—- he’s good not great. He was never NFL caliber talent.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like

THWG
It is espn.