David Stern should catch more hell than Marbury

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
My point was I’ve heard a thousand GT fans make fun of Stephon for saying “I’m committing to Georgia Tech University”. But David Stern says the same thing here and I’ve never heard anyone call him out on it.

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
My point was I’ve heard a thousand GT fans make fun of Stephon for saying “I’m committing to Georgia Tech University”. But David Stern says the same thing here and I’ve never heard anyone call him out on it.
That’s because David Stern was making fun of him too.

Last edited:

18in32

Petard Hoister
But it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect a student/alumnus to have a better grasp on the name of his school than the NBA commissioner...

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
But it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect a student/alumnus to have a better grasp on the name of his school than the NBA commissioner...
He wasn't a student at the time (may have never been an attender of classes for all I know), and he sure isn't in the alumni directory. Let's just say he matriculated on the Flats for a semester + a few weeks.

The Jacket

The Coat
I think Stern is worse. Marbury made a reasonable assumption out of a place of pure ignorance. Stern didn't have to say anything but "Georgia Tech" and had no reason to throw the "University" on there, he just did it because he was a terrible human being and may very well have been a sexual predator.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I think Stern is worse. Marbury made a reasonable assumption out of a place of pure ignorance. Stern didn't have to say anything but "Georgia Tech" and had no reason to throw the "University" on there, he just did it because he was a terrible human being and may very well have been a sexual predator.
Is there any proof he’s NOT a sexual predator? I hear he knew Jeffrey Epstein so...

The Jacket

The Coat
Is there any proof he’s NOT a sexual predator? I hear he knew Jeffrey Epstein so...
It's an absolute fact that there is zero evidence of his innocence. And to think the son of a bitch got away with it, that's the worst part.

Honestly my hatred for Stern is largely generated by his handling of the Sonics situation. The movie Sonicsgate is not exactly an objective window into the event but it is a solid introduction to the ordeal. But simply looking at Stern's individual actions and behavior towards the city of Seattle, the fans, the media, all of it reeked of a ruthlessly ambitious dirtbag at the controls of a sport that needed saving, and instead became the real-life version of present day Madden games. Stripped of all nuance to appeal to the lowest common denominator. He was great at what he did, maybe the best, but so is Satan.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
There is no evidence that Satan does not exist on this plane as the permanent NBA commissioner, sometimes transmogrifying his mortal identity using the husks of lost and evil souls. When he has to be two places at once, he uses his NFL commissioner identity.

There is significant evidence that favors this interpretation of events.