Dawg Fans Need To Act Like They've Been There...

DawgByte

Varsity Lurker
Dawg Fans Need To Act Like They\'ve Been There...

Georgia has won 11 SEC Titles, but we seem to have forgotten those stats. Although this has been the longest drought in our history it is no excuse to act like bragging fools.

I'm happy about our success this year. Florida fans can talk all they want about UGA being lucky. If you look at our close games more closely you'll see that we made plays to win. We didn't have to rely on other teams shooting themselves in the foot like Arkansas did against UT in '98. There is a huge difference between being lucky and making the plays to put yourself in a position to win. But this is really a topic for another day. To me the most important thing for the Dawg Nation to do right now is to follow the leader of our head coach. Win with class and respect your opponent.

Good luck in your Bowl game.

Re: Dawg Fans Need To Act Like They\'ve Been There...

Class and respect would be a first for many of your fans.

I think there are more of us out there than you know. It is the redneck boneheads that have never stepped foot in Athens that make all the wrong noise. That being said there also students and alums who could take an extra class in respect.

Tech fans are pretty bad too, especially at Bobby Dodd stadium. Throwing beer bottles at refs and oposing band members and stomping on other team logos ain't exactly a showcase of class!

I suggest we don't argue with a dawg. Just my opinion.

dawgbyte makes some good points belly ...

i don't mind arguing with a dog fan but it's another story about the compelling arguments some Tech "fans" make on this board

DawgByte, you are absolutely correct in making a distinction between the REDNECKS and the guys and gals that actually attended Ga. My best friend is
a big time heavy lifter dawg that has eight season
ticket seats near the presidents box and believe it or not we have attended Tech and UGA games together. We are good friends first and foremost
and there is never any mean spirited digs from either of us. A few years ago I read in the Atlanta paper that almost 70 percent of UGA's season ticket holders never attended the university. But the uncultured bastards that all schools have is the ones that bring a black eye to their schools.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
dawgbyte makes some good points belly ...

i don't mind arguing with a dog fan but it's another story about the compelling arguments some Tech "fans" make on this board
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree, ylojk8, and I'm all for civil conversations. It just looked like this was going to become one of those "your necks are redder than ours" type exchanges.

LOL.. but the truth is Georgia hasnt been there for 20 years... most of the students were still in diapers in 1982, if they were even born... so, to act "like they have been there" would be impossible...

As bad as I hate to say this... Georgia won the SEC.. and they have played some great football over the past month... and if Richt had stuck with Green in the Florida game, they would probably be in the Fiesta instead of the Sugar... the Georgia fans have plenty to be excited about this year, and their team has earned them the right to celebrate... there is nothing wrong with enjoying the feelings of ecstacy... we would be doing the same if were we in their shoes...

LOL! good point about the drought, jacketguy.

thanks for your classy attitude. you don't have to like us, but we appreciate that you respect us!

good luck in san jose.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
But the uncultured bastards that all schools have is the ones that bring a black eye to their schools.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Those uncultured bastards are often the students themselves. You know, students that only come to the game with their friends to get plastered drunk, students who are just there to make noise for the sake of making noise for lack of something better to do on a Saturday evening, students who don't even know who has the ball but randomly shout really loud, "Go [school name]!" There's fewer sports fans in the student sections of most college football stadiums than you would believe. Not all, but a lot of them are just there only because they go to the school. Don't expect to drum up intelligent football discussion with them.

Then again, there's instances where you have these uncultured bastards in the NFL too. Anybody remember the Cleveland beer bottle hailstorm last December? If not, here's a little post-game photo to refresh your memory.

s_debris_i.jpg

Moral of the story? Idiots are everywhere. Take cover.

Back