Dawgs scared of the Clemson game

goldtoof

Varsity Lurker
Let's hope the Tigers beat the hell outta 'em! I mean really kick some ass - like 69-3 - Tommy's job is on the line.

Originally posted by goldtoof:
What's the take on Bowden's job if he doesn't win this season?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If Bowden doesn't produce for them this year, I say he's gone. He may even be out before the year is over.

Clemson has a shot at beating UGA and their fans know that. Ugag fans seem to have realistic expectations for their team this year. With a brand new and young OL, Clemson will do all they can to confuse the pups in game 1 of the season. Their OL will probably improve game by game with experience, but that first game is working in Clemson's favor with the OL situation and being played at Death Valley.

Hey gnats, I've got many family members that are ugagers, they are always ready to kick my ass regarding the gt/ugag relationship, so I hope any team south of the M/D line stomps ugag. I especially like Clemson folk - my experience has been that they are good fans - I know there are exceptions.

Whooo boy - GT beats byu on 8/28 and Clemson beats ugag on 8/30 - now that's the way to start a season - it's time something like this happened!

Don't forget that Clemson fans hate us almost but not as much as their instate rival. Also, other schools fans will treat us nicely until we prove to be a formidable foe. I'd rather be hated and winning than liked and losing. Think about it...the schools with the good football teams are usually the ones we hate and talk about.

I predict ugag fumbles the Clemson game away - they have a tradition of fumbling and losing games they should have won - it's time for the fumble cycle to be on an upswing.

well, they dang sure didn't fumble the game away on us last year in game they should have won (and obviously did in a big way).

Every year is different; UGAg's team in particular won't have the personnel that last year's did. But it's hard to forget how well the Dogs finished the season and the horrible showing Clemson made against Texas Tech in the Iforgetwhich Bowl.

Clito - past performance is no prediction of future results.

BTW, where is Clito? Interesting name.

Originally posted by GeeTee:
well, they dang sure didn't fumble the game away on us last year in game they should have won (and obviously did in a big way).
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We probably would have handed the ball back and said "excuse me, you dropped this on your way to the endzone"

nice one JJ..and oh so true!
smile.gif

I admit I'm worried about it. Well...at least as worried as I'm going to get about a FB game.

Bottom line: There's no question we have more overall talent than Clemson, but we have little experience on the OL and in the LB corps.

Those 2 factors could hurt us, combined with the fact that we always seem to play more rusty than we should during the first game.

I know many teams have problems and makae mistakes early on, but we seem to make more.

I'm surprised that ole Tommy still has a job. Clemson ended the year horribly - 55-13 loss to TT? No one should ever lose to TT by that score. Clemson's only hope against UGA is that its the first game of the year. UGA doesn't have to play particularly well to win this game. UGA also has a winning record at Clemson and dominates overall.

I would love to see that. My Family is from South Carolina, & split between Clemson & S.C. I guess they are my 2 & 3 teams.

GeorgiaTechYellowjackets.GIF
drinking.gif

I've got close relatives and in-laws that are UGAg freaks. They are just as fine of people as you'll ever meet and I love them dearly but hey...
THIS IS FOOTBALL! TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!!!!!!

I hope Clemson kicks their can!

Back