DB in All of This??

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
How many years has DB been at Tech? Has it been since '95, how in the world is he in the DARK about the academic requirements at GT as it pertains to the help and fortitude an SA needs???????? How would you not know to be on this at all times?????

How could he not know what is at stake after being on this campus for soooo long????? I know he had to know by this time GT's academic standards were much higher then where he came from.

Did he not know what Coach O'Leary had to do to be one step ahead at all times??????? I'm sure O'Leary told him about his procedures, why wouldn't he implement them even if he was taking it away from the coach when Gailey came and give them to someone else?????

Doesn't GT have job descriptions in the AA???? Does the AD have one??? And if he does, does it outline for the position what is expected for GT's athletic environment and it's relation(s) to the academic side?????

My job description has so many things in it that I'm responsible for and it also says at the end,
"The HR Manager is responsible for the well being of the company with regard to the resposibilities of the position".

In other words, you better stay abreast and even if it's not written here, keep up with what you should know and communicate to management/employees at all times.

I'm forever in touch with my managers in 4 states making sure on an going basis they know and have what they need to be successful and resourceful with their employees. I am never caught of guard for any negative situation - I can't be, my job's at stake.

Is this not happening here?????

I have a Monday morning meeting each week with my President and CFO - they know on a weekly basis what I'm doing and any issues positive and negative with management and staff. It's the chain of command and it works!

Back