Deadspin Says Manti Te'o's Girlfriend Was a Hoax

Could you imagine if he would have won the hesiman too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Whats pretty ööööing funny in all this is Brian Kelly awarded a game ball to the fake girlfriend at some point during the season. That game ball is now the most highest valued sports memorabilia in Notre Dame history.

If true... :bowrofl:

can't believe ND would step up and defend him

No joke. How dumb are they? I know you have to take the side of your student-athlete if there's any doubt whatsoever, but to go so far as to write something like this is just dumb:

"...this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators."

Here's the difference between Notre Dame and every other school. Go to espn.com and even the college football page. Other than the side story in the ticker, there is zero promotion of this. Any other school and it would be all over with embarrassing pictures on the front page. I hope this story brings that piece of öööö school down another 20 years.

Here's the difference between Notre Dame and every other school. Go to espn.com and even the college football page. Other than the side story in the ticker, there is zero promotion of this. Any other school and it would be all over with embarrassing pictures on the front page. I hope this story brings that piece of öööö school down another 20 years.

BOR, it won't. Did you not watch the press conference? This whole ordeal is just going to get Manti more pity.

My goodness, this was the best read to come home to.

But why do it? The guy was the starting LB at ND, he is gonna be famous either way.

Sent from my DeLorean using the Flux Capacitor

This is right up there with Richt getting arrested in Vegas with some hookers and blow. Perhaps enticing a child.

What a bizarre-assed story. I've heard of people at Tech having fake girlfriends but a star defensive player from Notre Dame?

Now I don't feel even slightly sad making a joke that he misses his girlfriend more than a tackle on an Alabama runningback.

I don't even know what to say. The fact that it's being said that he was the victim here.. I don't know how to deal with that.

I had a Catholic girlfriend when I was in my early 20's. Used to try to convince her that it was against her religion for me to use a condom....unfortunately, I'm Methodist....

Anyway, Sneezy was a better LB. Hell, UGA had TWO linebackers that were better.

I had a Catholic girlfriend when I was in my early 20's. Used to try to convince her that it was against her religion for me to use a condom....unfortunately, I'm Methodist....

Anyway, Sneezy was a better LB. Hell, UGA had TWO linebackers that were better.

Yea, sneezy was better statistically. Its crazy to think that this girlfriend of his gave him multiple high caliber trophies

Yea, sneezy was better statistically. Its crazy to think that this girlfriend of his gave him multiple high caliber trophies

Different positions. Comparing ILB to a 3-4 OLB based on statistics is dumb.

I would've taken Te'o, with or without his fake girlfriend over anyone on our defense the past 4 years... and it isn't even a close decision.

The guy might be scum and he brought all sorts of shame and embarrassment on himself, his team and his school and he deserves that, but he was a pretty good player (minus getting trucked by Bama RBs all night a week back).

There is enough to make fun of on this guy not to start making stupid comments downplaying how good of a college player he was this past year.

I would kill to be a fly on the wall the first time he walks into the lockerroom of whatever NFL team ends up with him. I'd keep my head on a swivel in the showers if I were him.

Back