Dear Diary: Who was that guy on the sidelines

flakjacket

Varsity Lurker
Dear Diary:

Even though I am diehard member of the Jacket faithful, I must confess that I thought that we had NO SHOT against Auburn. I also gotta tell you that earlier this week a friend of mine ---a guy who is also a diehard Jacket fan--- actually predicted a win. I thought that he when he predicted the win that he was being "...a bit optimistic" (i.e. my polite, Southern, euphemism for "NUTS, WACKO, OUT OF HIS MIND"). Once I apologize to him or Monday I am going to ask him if he also knows tomorrow's winning lotto numbers?

What a game!

As I watched, in relative awe, the imaginative play calling (and results!!!) by Tech, I could fathom no explanation. We looked poised and well coached---save a few mistakes caused by inexperience. Based upon last season and even the BYU game, it occured to me that maybe this game was "prima facie" evidence that the Earth had, in fact, been visited by aliens*...and recently too. I thought that maybe CCG had been kidnapped by aliens and that the guy calling the IMAGINATIVE plays on the sidelines, was, in fact an "alien being" who just happen to look like Chan or who had "morphed" into Chan. Surely the guy who called the 54 yard pass play to Nate Curry; some of those difficult passes that Reggie attempted (even some of the ones that he didn't complete); the direct snap on fourth and one to Chris Reis; and some of the others that included darn near all of the receivers "...just couldn't possibly be Chan". If it wasn't an alien, maybe it was Fridge's little brother who just happened to look remarkably like CCG.

Would you beleive that he even brought in a fresh RB in the fourth quarter when Auburn's defense might have been worn down. This is an NFL trick that you would expect from Ralph Friedgen.

Diary, I've got to give Chan credit. He, Tenuta, and Reggie really sniffed this one out. I don't think that I have ever seen Tech better prepared or motivated. They actually looked as if they wanted to play. (This was a far cry from the Georgia and Fresno State games last year-----and significantly better than BYU.)

I won't kid myself into thinking that all is smooth sailing ahead, but I gotta tell you diary that I think that we've got a shot at winning six games or so---if we stay relatively healthy.

Over the past few years, whenever we played an SEC school or FSU, I had always thought that we were out manned and out numbered and sometimes out coached The other guys ---just always looked bigger, faster, stronger---and better coached. To be sure, Auburn may not as "...good as advertised", but we still just beat a major football power today. Auburn will likely still go to somebody's bowl. I don't want to kid myself but "land sakes", if we play the rest of the season the way that we played today and have no (or a relative few major injuries) may be we will too!!!!

Now, I gotta go see this friend of mine----the guy who predicted a Jacket win vs Auburn----- and ask him about those lotto numbers. Then I got to send a congratulatory note to Coach Gailey.

Yours truly,

flakjacket

* Diary, as you know, I am not a beleiver in alien visitation, UFO's or the like. The "physics" just doesn't work and until today ----watching CCG on the sidelines, there was absolutely no evidence of aliens anywhere on Earth. Unless, of course, you count the existence of Michael Jackson.

Back