Defense

MEwreck02

SNSIAP
What is the excuse for the defense sucking? What is the ‘overhaul’ on this side of the ball? Hell, they had 11 years of practice against this high school offense!!

What is the excuse for the defense sucking? What is the ‘overhaul’ on this side of the ball? Hell, they had 11 years of practice against this high school offense!!

The excuse I’ve heard is that the TO is designed to neutralize defenses and there’s really no way to stop the offense, only slow it down. This is why we were so successful under CPJ with lesser talent.

I’m not sure I buy that though. We seemed to be missing assignments, and would have 3 guys converging in the middle and leaving the pitch guy wide open far too often.

2 huge unsportsmanlike penalties after 3rd down stops leading to first downs. Offsides on 3rd down leading to a first down. Not studying how Clemson, UGAg, Duke and a few others shut down the option game defensively.

It was just the wrong D gameplan for not being able to score.

Considering the talent gap, we should have gone with how Miami played us pre-Richt and lined up off the line and sent everyone but the safety into the backfield post snap. I don’t think the Citadel could have beaten us by passing.

We needed a stop on their 4th down on their side of the field. Wasn't there a penalty just before it, offsides on us, that put them in 3rd and 4th and short?

Sometimes penalties are more than penalties. Today they were turnovers. We looked like Miami today both on the field and off. This was a total embarrassment. The only positive is that GT is so far BTL that no one even noticed.

"did playing both QBs give you a better idea who should be the starter"

"we don't think in those terms... If they have earned the right, they will play"
You missed mentioning the 10 seconds of angry smiling before he answered the question.

You guys mean to tell me that nobody dared to explain why we can't make a 4th and 1 running the ball, when our O-line have been groomed for the running game?

Relative.

Since losing inherited D talent in 09, D has been a bad word on the Flats.

Compared to those years the D this year has looked better. So days like today, with the penalties, will seem more negative.

Oh for those days of D like in mbs vs ut. Or letting ugag score on purpose.

Back