Defensive Tackles

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
I was looking over the list of players I received at the Spring Practice.

I found only these players listed as Defensive Tackles:

Brad Brezina 6'2" 275
Alfred Malone 6'4" 300
Travis Parker 6'5" 260
Omar Billy 6'2" 270

Is this it? If any get injured, we are in a heap of trouble. I counted seven Defensive Ends on the roster. It would appear a little shifting is in order, or do we have some other Defensive Tackles not listed?

The thin ranks here really bothers me. With a two tight end formation from the opponents, we could have seven offensive linemen constantly attacking a defensive front of four linemen. It would seem, we would need a minimum of six DTs to keep fresh subs in the game to keep them from tiring.

With this in mind, I would expect most teams to line up against us in the two tight end formation and run straight at us.

comments?

drinking.gif

I think you'll see two things happen. The freshmen will get a real chance to compete and play at DT. And we will see some of our DEs at DT in certain situations. Gathers for sure and maybe more.

Gathers and Pullen will get some time at DT.

You will like what you see from Pullen this season.

I'm also happy to see Gailey bring in two DTs in
the past class and already offering DTs for the
next class.

By 2005 I predict we'll have some real DT talent.

don't forget reggie koon either. he will probably be in the mix a good bit. i'm looking forward to seeing pullen play as well. i have to tell yall this about terron. i met him at fan day last year and made the following comment....
"i think you have an opportunity of being the greatest player to ever come out of wrightsville". for a moment he appeared bewildered, but then had a grin from ear to ear!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

We will need all of them when Auburn comes to town!Geezzzz they are stacked at RB!
pat.gif
drinking.gif

NCJacket, I expect you are right about the two incoming DTs. I just looked at their stats again.

With Mansfield Wrotto at 6'4" 310 and LeShawn at 6'0" 310, I can see them playing this year.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
NCJacket, I expect you are right about the two incoming DTs. I just looked at their stats again.

With Mansfield Wrotto at 6'4" 310 and LeShawn at 6'0" 310, I can see them playing this year.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Run stopping machines!
drinking.gif
blue.gif

Back