Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

clapper

Dodd-Like
If that were the case he could shutdown all rumors and just come out and say that. Im sure it would help his recruiting if he did.
He's not going to shut it down for two reasons:

1.) Deion is a publicity hound. He loves the attention he's getting, but he rarely has let that get in the way of his performance.

B.) Anyone that is considering going to Jackson State is going there because of him, not the school. If he decides to move to a more prominent school, those players are following him. If they can't get in, aren't good enough, or don't want to go there, they already have other options, including staying with JSU.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Dieon could potentially be a worse hire for this program than CGC, but at this point who cares. It can mathematically get worse, but for all intents and purposes we’re at the the bottom. We’re a laughingstock and I doubt any legit available hire is gonna want to come for what we can afford. Might as well go with a high risk high reward option? Idk i might have already lost too much interest with NIL + transfers.

My enthusiasm died with Gibbs.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
What I mean is that saying something akin to "we need a hard nosed traditional coach, do a 180, because the type of stuff that Collins was trying didn't work." is not the right way to look at it because of how much of a failure the Collins tenure has turned out to be, which is all because of him the person and the coach, not the methodologies he tried (and utterly failed) to implement.
Exactly. If Collins could coach half as good as the average P5 coach he'd have a bowl appearance, already. He's literally the worst game day I have ever seen. Flag football captains can manage a damn clock. Just because Deion is a hype man doesn't mean he isn't hard nosed, either.

GT to AZ

Helluva Engineer
This should have been done for Collins. Running the Dabo model with great value brand coordinators has obviously been a disaster.

let’s hope that those doing the hiring now understand the need that you can’t go cheap on staff positions.
Didn't Key get a big salary? I thought that's where much of the limited budget we had went.

mts315

Dodd-Like
Lol. Nobody shows up to watch a coach

We get a mention here. The attendance for Jackson State was #1 in FCS for 2021 and almost 20k more per game than in 2018 or 2019.

If we could get 20k more tickets sold per game at an average price of $50 that is $1 million a game

G776T

Not pastor material.

We get a mention here. The attendance for Jackson State was #1 in FCS for 2021 and almost 20k more per game than in 2018 or 2019.

If we could get 20k more tickets sold per game at an average price of $50 that is $1 million a game
Shoulda been done last year, hell, put a cut of the gate in his contract

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
There was once a coach who excelled at a smaller school, going 11-1, and had established recruiting contacts throughout the state. He was the perfect candidate.

Alas, he didn’t come close to the success he had at East Carolina.

lawtool1

Varsity Lurker
Deion likely headed to Arizona State - Tech needs an actual Xs and Os coach - I am ok if it is not a splash hire - some young and up and comer that won’t require a huge contract

G776T

Not pastor material.
Deion likely headed to Arizona State - Tech needs an actual Xs and Os coach - I am ok if it is not a splash hire - some young and up and comer that won’t require a huge contract
Auburn Id believe, but no way Arizona State lands him over us if we both want him.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
How do you figure?