Demetris Robertson decision coming [after LOI deadline]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akinji07 gets banned

Thursday is coming up soon!
giphy.gif

The 5-star prospect also said he’s not likely to sign a letter-of-intent.

“Right now we’re probably about thinking about the financial aid papers,” Robertson said......

“I really think about patience for me right now,” Robertson said. “I’m not trying to rush things. I’m not trying to go somewhere I don’t want to go. I want to sit down and see everything a long way out because my academics are the most important thing to me. A lot of people might not believe it but that’s what I’m basing my decision off of. I know wherever I go I am going to ball out.”

He just wants to see Stanford. He’ll use an official or an unofficial visit to do so.

“That right there is in the works,” his older brother and guardian Carlos Robertson said. “He wants to get out there and see what they have so he can make an informed decision. He doesn’t want to be like he never got to go to Stanford to see those guys before he made that decision. … That’s just being smart about it.”....

“Everybody might think I’m lying about academics first and things like that but it is true,” Robertson said. “I really want my academics first because football isn’t going to last long. I think everybody is just seeing what they want to see. Fans want me to put football first but that’s not the reality of football. Football can bring me a lot of fame and attention and set me up but I also want to set myself up with my academics and a degree. If football doesn’t work out for me, then I am still all good.”

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...tar-demetris-robertson-is-expecting-to-decide

Sounds like the UGA visit is back "on". If he takes unofficial visit to Stanford, he may take the official to UGA and Alabama. Either way, it sounds like he isn't giving up on Stanford until all options are exhausted. Behind that is an academic school. UGA is playing the personal relationships angle - success to be determined.

That article really makes it sound like he's absolutely going to Stanford.

Alas, poor Akinji07. I knew him, Stingtalk: a fellow of infinite ban.

The 5-star prospect also said he’s not likely to sign a letter-of-intent.

“Right now we’re probably about thinking about the financial aid papers,” Robertson said......

“I really think about patience for me right now,” Robertson said. “I’m not trying to rush things. I’m not trying to go somewhere I don’t want to go. I want to sit down and see everything a long way out because my academics are the most important thing to me. A lot of people might not believe it but that’s what I’m basing my decision off of. I know wherever I go I am going to ball out.”

He just wants to see Stanford. He’ll use an official or an unofficial visit to do so.

“That right there is in the works,” his older brother and guardian Carlos Robertson said. “He wants to get out there and see what they have so he can make an informed decision. He doesn’t want to be like he never got to go to Stanford to see those guys before he made that decision. … That’s just being smart about it.”....

“Everybody might think I’m lying about academics first and things like that but it is true,” Robertson said. “I really want my academics first because football isn’t going to last long. I think everybody is just seeing what they want to see. Fans want me to put football first but that’s not the reality of football. Football can bring me a lot of fame and attention and set me up but I also want to set myself up with my academics and a degree. If football doesn’t work out for me, then I am still all good.”

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...tar-demetris-robertson-is-expecting-to-decide

Sounds like the UGA visit is back "on". If he takes unofficial visit to Stanford, he may take the official to UGA and Alabama. Either way, it sounds like he isn't giving up on Stanford until all options are exhausted. Behind that is an academic school. UGA is playing the personal relationships angle - success to be determined.
This reads like he is set on GT to me but wants to see Stanford to make sure. It could be and probably is gold colored glasses.

Akinji, go ahead and get your second account up and running now when registration is open.

Akinji, go ahead and get your second account up and running now when registration is open.

I won't have to. And plus, a man doesn't back down from his word after he goes all in. I'm not that douche Blazer, or polka or punisher whatever the öööö his handle was. If I'm wrong, which I won't be, then I'll take my leave.

How can he say it's about academics and have Alabama and uGA in the running? That's like saying all you care is weather then visiting Alaska Fairbanks.

OMG that is awesome! I saw this commercial the other day and was like WTF?!?!?

And I like this kid. Sad that he has to defend himself over and over for wanting to think through all of his options and take his time in making a decision. I'd love for him to come here but I'll wish him the very best no matter where he goes, even UGA. At least he won't be going there just because it is the UGA, but because he feels it is the best decision for him. I feel like we have a good shot at kids who can employ critical thinking like this.

How can he say it's about academics and have Alabama and uGA in the running? That's like saying all you care is weather then visiting Alaska Fairbanks.

You just don't turn down a chance to be treated like a celebrity, handed a bunch of money, and sample the local talent because of a USNWR ranking. This kid isn't an idiot.

Also he's going to Stanford. Weather is pretty good there I hear.

I won't have to. And plus, a man doesn't back down from his word after he goes all in. I'm not that douche Blazer, or polka or punisher whatever the öööö his handle was. If I'm wrong, which I won't be, then I'll take my leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back