Demetris Robertson decision coming [after LOI deadline]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTMom

Dodd-Like
Next Monday.
Ohhhh, ok. Thanks.

Copied this off another board. A fan's opinion on why we don't recruit well and why we probably won't get him. :
"GT has a smaller pond to fish in. The have to look for kids who can handle the academics. There are not any jock degrees to hide the "green ham and eggs" players in for 3 years. It is what it is."

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Copied this off another board. A fan's opinion on why we don't recruit well and why we probably won't get him. :
"GT has a smaller pond to fish in. The have to look for kids who can handle the academics. There are not any jock degrees to hide the "green ham and eggs" players in for 3 years. It is what it is."
That other board heard that here. We are the only people astute enough to recognize that nuance of the recruiting process.

GTMom

Dodd-Like
That other board heard that here. We are the only people astute enough to recognize that nuance of the recruiting process.
Oh, my bad. I apologize for thinking anything to the contrary. :eekbowdown:

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Yeah, I fully expect it to be Ugag. The folks who have followed it closely seem to have reached that conclusion.
Then either he's lying about his desire to be a millionaire outside of football or we've done a laughable job explaining to him the value of a Tech degree vs. uGA degree.

Since he's also turning down Cal and ND for uGA, I seem to think it's the former.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Does anyone have an address? I'll send him an anonymous letter with uGA, GT, ND, and Cal earning potential in it. It's very clear from that that "one of these things is not like the other". Of course, uGA probably has a car dealer who promised him a $100k job at graduation already.

ee8384

Affable Curmudgeon
So is Coit's avatar a picture of a younger GTMom? You know, one of those "same location, same pose, 40 years later" shots?

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
So is Coit's avatar a picture of a younger GTMom? You know, one of those "same location, same pose, 40 years later" shots?
@GTMom might kick your butt for that insinuation.

wreckem1990

Flats Noob
I was at a luncheon with CPJ today where he was asked whether he'd like to comment on recruits who have signed grant in aid papers. He said he might if he knew anything to comment about.

The impression he gave was that the staff has no more idea what DRob was going to do than anyone else. He also pointed out that we've got a full complement of WR and we'll be fine if we don't land him.

TBH he didn't sound optimistic.
Well TBH I ran into CPJ in a men only men's room so the other wreckem was MIA and CPJ said he was certain DR would sign with the jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.